• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
EWolfe

What do you tell your boss on a powder day?

How long have you been working at your current employment? If you've got a long reliable track record and you're company isn't facing a deadline then it's a lot easier.

I'd fire you so you have lots of time to ski. yelrotflmao.gif

Independent. the_finger.gif

wave.gif

I am just curious. I still have to make excuses.

Usually another contract. evils3d.gif

"I have a family emergency/situation that I need to take care of today" Just act depressed and chances are that nobody will question you.

Edited by Ponzini

Me "Dude, did you see the snow report?"

Boss "Let's call in sick tomorrow!"

It's best if they don't know you're a skier, then maybe they won't make the connection and you can use any excuse you like. It's to late for me. I get just a little to

happy at work when it starts to snow.

My (non-existant) children are sick. I've jury duty/drs apt/family emergency. I'm in jail. (fluke diagnosis) Non-operable cancer

Frankly, Mr Shankly, this position I've held

it pays my way and it corrodes my soul

I want to leave you will not miss me

I want to go down in musical history - The Smiths

(something along those lines)

Just cut your fucking arm off with your new Hitachi miter saw (if it's up to the task). You don't need your arm for snowboarding.

More Of The Same

Ummmm, are you trying to tell me something, K? confused.gif

me: "Can't (cough) make it (sneeze) in today, just don't feel (wheeze) any good."

boss: "Ok I guess, but you are going to miss our big meeting and I wanted that report and......." blah blah blah

Later that day...

me: "OH, boss?!?!!? What are you doing up here????"

boss: "Uhm, er... having a meeting?"

Well, you know we did work all last week and when the next storm cycle comes around, we gotta go no matter what, right cause next week, maybe sucversion, depressing high pressure blue skies crappy old sun in the eyes melt my fun to dirt and burn my lungs with smog winter time fun, think i'll go find a traffic jam to sit in and squint