Fuck...this is so meaningless...

Stefan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am beginning to wonder if when I leave this job should I burn all my bridges so that I am forced never to return to computer work again? Computer related work is like crack. You quit again and again and you just keep going back. I need to do something drastic this time.

I think you should release all Microsoft source code to the public. Microsoft will hate you for exposing company secrets, and the open-source community will hate you for unleashing such labyrinthian and buggy code on everyone.

first off i have to say WAY TO GO CHELLE!!!!!

here is the what comes to mind for me when i read posts like this. i dont have the most exciting job in the whole world. but i like it and i have worked realy hard over the past two years to get where i am. this is not what i want to do for the rest of my life, i have goals and ideas long term that are indeed very different than what i am doing now. but i have to feed the ever growing Things and i go to work, put in my 8 hours and go home. i could hate what i do. but whats the point? my job does not define my life my spirit the capsicty of my brain or anything else. it is just what i do to pay the bills right now and i take advantage of all the goodies that come with that. I have medical and dental and vision. I have a 401K and enough money to live on realitivly comfortably for the first time in my adult life. I have made some great friends where i work, i get like 3 weeks off a year (used up taking hte kids to the doc and stuff mostly) but it is mine and i can do that and it all works out.

life is how you look at it. bigdrink.gif

It's just perspective, Stefan. Some teachers and nurses would be going ape-shit over the administration and their policies, while others see themselves doing a meaningful job. Ditto whether office politics jade you or you take them in stride... a means to an end.

Maybe you're just experiencing adrenaline withdrawals and need to rap off some shitty sling in the Enchantments to regain perspective. wink.gif

It's just perspective, Stefan. Some teachers and nurses would be going ape-shit over the administration and their policies, while others see themselves doing a meaningful job. Ditto whether office politics jade you or you take them in stride... a means to an end.

Maybe you're just experiencing adrenaline withdrawals and need to rap off some shitty sling in the Enchantments to regain perspective. wink.gif

Probably true. I need to have more appreciation for what I have.