Fuck...this is so meaningless...

Stefan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to hate my job and planned to quit for years and do something else, but wasn't sure what. And I was afraid of a paycut and student life again. Becomming one of those 30-something return-to-college people I pittied when I was an undergrad for not knowing what they wanted to do with life when they were 20, was going to be humbling.

Then thankfully I got laid off in early 2002. Took that year off to figure it out and went back to school for nursing. I graduated in December after three years of hard work. I just passed my licensing exam on Tuesday and start work at the 9th best hospital in the nation later this month. Yes, I had a huge paycut and blew threw nearly all of my savings in the past three years to make it happen. But EVERYDAY I love what I do and I know it is a lot more meaningful than making big bucks as a marketing/stragety consultant for greedy money managers.

Anyone can make their career dreams come true it just takes some commitment and moxie to stick with it through that tough adjustment time.

bigdrink.gif

Think about this, the only meaning in any job is the meaning you bring to it.

My job is to be the best possible me to my wife, and children. The my ocupation is to make money for the my centeral family unit.

I do this by being the best possible pee on in the company that I work for. AKA Sales.

And when you really get depressed go skiing in the winter - oh and we got snow this year - and climbing in the summer.

An air blast can be almost twice as effective as s ground blast.

You just farted didn't you, Gary, you sick bastard.

Dechristo, you've been on a roll lately. I dug your bipartisan green pork comment too.

Anyway, offtopic, but do other people besides me prefer to edit and give feedback on paper and ask for printouts in double-space? I haven't grown to like the PDF embedded comments stuff.

An air blast can be almost twice as effective as s ground blast.

You just farted didn't you, Gary, you sick bastard.

Dechristo, you've been on a roll lately. I dug your bipartisan green pork comment too.

Anyway, offtopic, but do other people besides me prefer to edit and give feedback on paper and ask for printouts in double-space? I haven't grown to like the PDF embedded comments stuff.

No dude, Microsoft has wasted years of poor bastards like my life creating markup features that acctually work quite well. Get with the century. Your killing trees.

I used to hate my job and planned to quit for years and do something else, but wasn't sure what. And I was afraid of a paycut and student life again. Becomming one of those 30-something return-to-college people I pittied when I was an undergrad for not knowing what they wanted to do with life when they were 20, was going to be humbling.

Then thankfully I got laid off in early 2002. Took that year off to figure it out and went back to school for nursing. I graduated in December after three years of hard work. I just passed my licensing exam on Tuesday and start work at the 9th best hospital in the nation later this month. Yes, I had a huge paycut and blew threw nearly all of my savings in the past three years to make it happen. But EVERYDAY I love what I do and I know it is a lot more meaningful than making big bucks as a marketing/stragety consultant for greedy money managers.

Anyone can make their career dreams come true it just takes some commitment and moxie to stick with it through that tough adjustment time.

bigdrink.gif

My hats off to you for taking that risk. smile.gif