• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
transplant

Help getting up the mountain!

Yeah transplant... don't let the smug little volcano-bashers discourage you!! Rainier is awesome. I haven't climbed it yet but I hope to next summer... but I'd say definitely start with some other big peaks around here if you haven't done them yet.. that's what I did... smaller volcanos like Adams, Hood, etc. There's so much to see/hike/climb around here beside just The Big R.

I'll get you up there for just a six pack, and some company to share it with.

Planning on skiing the Emmons soon.

PM if interested.

If you want to be held in awe by non climbers then by all means climb Rainier as many times as you can. If you want respect from other climbers climb Rainier a couple times and spend most of your time climbing smaller but steeper peaks. smirk.gif

Transplant, I hope you are ignoring the condescending assholes on this thread.

Rainier is a great,super fun mountain. I would trade 3/4 of the 14ner's here in CO to have a Rainier and a Baker in my backyard. Go do it and I would encourage you to do it on your own. You will get more satisfaction out of the climb. There is no guarrantee that you will summit on a guided climb, as well. And you won't be out $1K... just a blown weekend.

Agree with the idea to work on lining up some partners this winter and go do the easy rts on Hood, Adams, Baker then have a go at Rainier would be a good approach.

Enjoy the hell out of it. I think one of my all-time favorite places to hang out is up in Camp Muir. Just laze the day away people watching on nice summer weekend followed by a fun day of climbing. thumbs_up.gif

I am not out there to impress or gain respect from anybody. I hike/climb/ski because of the good times, good views, and love of the outdoors.

Respect is within, thats why I keep my climbing resume to myself, cause 95% of the people wouldn't believe the stunts I've pulled...lol

But he's right.

To a degree.

Ya spend enough time on certain hair raising routes on smaller hills, and you will find that others will cling towards your ability and experience as something to admire (respect), especially when some folks wish they had done what we did, but couldn't.

So I credit myself as a person that doesn't give a damn about the whole respect thing, but I do 'understand', and thats where I agree with Transplant.