Help getting up the mountain!

transplant

Yeah transplant... don't let the smug little volcano-bashers discourage you!! Rainier is awesome. I haven't climbed it yet but I hope to next summer... but I'd say definitely start with some other big peaks around here if you haven't done them yet.. that's what I did... smaller volcanos like Adams, Hood, etc. There's so much to see/hike/climb around here beside just The Big R.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transplant, I hope you are ignoring the condescending assholes on this thread.

Rainier is a great,super fun mountain. I would trade 3/4 of the 14ner's here in CO to have a Rainier and a Baker in my backyard. Go do it and I would encourage you to do it on your own. You will get more satisfaction out of the climb. There is no guarrantee that you will summit on a guided climb, as well. And you won't be out $1K... just a blown weekend.

Agree with the idea to work on lining up some partners this winter and go do the easy rts on Hood, Adams, Baker then have a go at Rainier would be a good approach.

Enjoy the hell out of it. I think one of my all-time favorite places to hang out is up in Camp Muir. Just laze the day away people watching on nice summer weekend followed by a fun day of climbing. thumbs_up.gif

Respect is within, thats why I keep my climbing resume to myself, cause 95% of the people wouldn't believe the stunts I've pulled...lol

But he's right.

To a degree.

Ya spend enough time on certain hair raising routes on smaller hills, and you will find that others will cling towards your ability and experience as something to admire (respect), especially when some folks wish they had done what we did, but couldn't.

So I credit myself as a person that doesn't give a damn about the whole respect thing, but I do 'understand', and thats where I agree with Transplant.