2nd Annual CC.com Photo Contestizzle

jon

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 1st I thought Specialed's photos was spectacular because of the crazy angles of the overhanging landmass and stuff. Now that i see that it was the ridge he was climbing turned on end i think it sucks and is the worst photo posted so far. Even more so, if Rolf was following, then the climbing was probably pretty easy and it couldn't have been that steep or hard.

At 1st I thought Specialed's photos was spectacular because of the crazy angles of the overhanging landmass and stuff. Now that i see that it was the ridge he was climbing turned on end i think it sucks and is the worst photo posted so far. Even more so, if Rolf was following, then the climbing was probably pretty easy and it couldn't have been that steep or hard.

On the contrary, Michael, I would have to say that when I took that picture the angle kicked up to dead verticle. When I finally lifted my cowering head from fear and looked up I nearly shat myself. It was a good 20-30 feet to the next gear on vertical greasy nubs and it was another old fucked up button head. I clipped it and was offered no relief. I couldn't even see the next available piece of gear and wasn't even sure where to go. If I went the wrong way I would be off route, fall, rip out ALL the gear, and probably the belay.

After I finished hyperventilating and chose the correct way I could see the bolt...another 20 feet of ever GREASIER slabby polished slopers I had to slap and mantle on w/no feet to the next bolt, all told probably a 40' runout on dead vertical terrain. It was another shitty buttonhead. I could see the anchor! Another 25' run-out on the same type of climbing! Yeah! I'm gonna fucking die! I'm going to kill us BOTH! This is sweet! I almost fucking fell just before the anchors (actually a couple times on the whole pitch too) and my heart came out of my chest when I saw it was a two bolt bent buttonhead fuck-show of an anchor!

On the contrary, Michael, I would have to say that when I took that picture the angle kicked up to dead verticle. When I finally lifted my cowering head from fear and looked up I nearly shat myself. It was a good 20-30 feet to the next gear on vertical greasy nubs and it was another old fucked up button head. I clipped it and was offered no relief. I couldn't even see the next available piece of gear and wasn't even sure where to go. If I went the wrong way I would be off route, fall, rip out ALL the gear, and probably the belay.

After I finished hyperventilating and chose the correct way I could see the bolt...another 20 feet of ever GREASIER slabby polished slopers I had to slap and mantle on w/no feet to the next bolt, all told probably a 40' runout on dead vertical terrain. It was another shitty buttonhead. I could see the anchor! Another 25' run-out on the same type of climbing! Yeah! I'm gonna fucking die! I'm going to kill us BOTH! This is sweet! I almost fucking fell just before the anchors (actually a couple times on the whole pitch too) and my heart came out of my chest when I saw it was a two bolt bent buttonhead fuck-show of an anchor!

that story gets scarier and scarier each time.

boys, why not leave this thread for sweet pics and move the shit talking to the "mike layton double-plus ungood" thread? you're seriously threatening your ability to win the chalk ball n' bag!

so long as we're getting corporate sponsorship for cc.shit, we oughta do one for hate-spray though. winner gets free anger management therapy for a year, plus a lifetime subscription to "barely legal" and 10 gallons of hand lotion - either/both oughta do the trick.

boys, why not leave this thread for sweet pics and move the shit talking to the "mike layton double-plus ungood" thread? you're seriously threatening your ability to win the chalk ball n' bag!

so long as we're getting corporate sponsorship for cc.shit, we oughta do one for hate-spray though. winner gets free anger management therapy for a year, plus a lifetime subscription to "barely legal" and 10 gallons of hand lotion - either/both oughta do the trick.

yellaf.gif

God I wish your students knew and read what you posted here.