A note about true alpine training

Dr_Crash

NOLSe and other hardcore guys... You've got to realize that Mont Blanc and mopst of the Alps were conquered by people lugging huge quantities of wine and other liquors. Do you?

Climbers who value the spirit and heritage of authentic alpine training stick to wine, beer, shots, and water (I know, I know...). On and off the mountain. It works, too.

drC

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's NOLSe? cantfocus.gifyellaf.giftongue.gifwink.gif Speaking of I can't believe some hasn't grabbed that avatar yet... think of all the spray opportunities! hahaha.gif

Climbers who value the spirit and heritage of authentic alpine training stick to wine, beer, shots, and water (I know, I know...). On and off the mountain. It works, too.

Valuing/respecting and emulating something are two very different things Dr C wave.gif Though I drink mostly water and coffee I am known to enjoy bigdrink.gif and wine too.

If you value your alpine heritage so much maybe those pair of ice tools you can't seem to decide on should be a 90 cm alpenstock hahaha.gifwazzup.gif

I think cigarette smoking used to be considered something that would help at alititude as well. hellno3d.gif

If I remember my history, that was a satirical arguement made by Don Willans - who smoked like a chimney - during the Bonington Expedition on the South Face of Annapurna.