Are WA climbers extra light?

gymrat

Since moving to sunny Washington from the climbing mecca of California, I have noticed that the majority of local climbers here in washington really suck, especially at rock climbing. Why is this? Is there something in the water? Something I should know about. Will I become light? I hope not. Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Love, Anonymous

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since moving to sunny Washington from the climbing mecca of California, I have noticed that the majority of local climbers here in washington really suck, especially at rock climbing. Why is this? Is there something in the water? Something I should know about. Will I become light? I hope not. Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Love, Anonymous

Boy, I bet new climbing friends are just beating down your door. rolleyes.gifmoon.gif

Funny I've never climbed more than 5.12 but aid I've climbed hard. This summer in the valley it seems that I was climbing as hard of aid as anyone around. My buddy who was climbing a bunch learned to climb at Index also but now lives down there.

Now please tell us that you climb .13, v10, modern A4. Otherwise you are light too!

Oh and Mike climbs pretty fuckin hard!

Since moving to rainy Washington from the climbing mecca of California, I have noticed that the majority of local climbers here in washington really rule, especially at rock climbing. Why is this? Is there something in the water? Something I should know about. Will I become this good? I hope not. Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Love, horse cock fucker

Hey, I only got out of High school last year! Don't diss the youngins! That said I didn't go to school that much.

go back to high school on monday, rat.

Your posts smacks of "school pride". Yes, you will become light so please go back before you become a slug like the rest of us. While you are in cali, get your GED.

this is like when that guy on RC.com said if City Park was in Indian Creek it would get climbed daily!

It probably gets climbed every day right where it sits....at 5.9 A1, and as far as I'm concerned, the visitors from "serious" climbing areas didn't really improve on the the style all that much. Todd Skinner didn't complete it and didn't pull his rope between falls. Hugh Herr might as well have climbed it with a counter weight. As Nelson points out in his guide, it's a nice top-rope problem for "5.13 climbers".