[TR] MT Kent- North Face... attempt 11/26/2005

bigwalling

Climb: MT Kent-North Face... attempt

Date of Climb: 11/26/2005

Trip Report:

Well, I was desperate to try and climb some ice/alpine stuff before leaving for the big walls in yosemite. I went up to Mount Kent and got to the base, pulled out my tools and put on crampons. One problem... the ice was pure shit! I'd say this thing needs to get some freeze thaw or something. Soloing didn't seem like a great idea in these conditions.

Gear Notes:

snow shoes will be a good idea once more snow arrives, I don't really think you need much gear for any of the routes.

Approach Notes:

I went from exit 42 and just hiked up the creek. The better way is to take the road and then hike from the bridge up to the base. It sucked walking in, but walking out I found a path of less bushes and devils club!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Approach Notes:

I went from exit 42 and just hiked up the creek. The better way is to take the road and then hike from the bridge up to the base. It sucked walking in, but walking out I found a path of less bushes and devils club!

Do you mean the road that you can access from exit 38, that then runs parallel but up-hill from the RR Grade Trail?

Ah, hell - I just remembered Bigwalling is in the Valley now. Anyone else - can you tell me where the snow line is around exit 42?

Edited by mtnfreak