• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
alakso

Alpenglow Gear and Acadia Mountain Guides Rock

I know that most everybody here is out west. But thought I'd post my experiences with a local Maine Gear shop and Mountain Guide service.

Located in Orono, Maine, Alpenglow Gear and Acadia Mountain Guides is a first class operation! As a newbie to Mountaineering I went to their store yesterday to check out gear and their basic or beginner Mountaineering courses. These are some of the nicest people I've ever met. I was there for over four hours asking question and checking out gear. Their knowledge and customer service is second to none. They didn't push any particular gear but gave me options for my intended useage. It's like having a friend in the business! I feel very lucky to have such a great gear store and Mountain guide service 5 miles away. If anybody needs gear or Mountaineering classes I highly recommend these fine people. They are a true testament to what fine people Mountaineers are. If your even in Maine stop by and say "Hi", I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit and the down home Maine hospitality they provide. They are a Godsend for a newbie like myself.

Thay also sold me a great 3-4 season MSR Fusion 2 tent for $225! I'm stoked to do all my business with them...alakso

They had some fantastic end-of-season sales on ice gear last spring too. Ropes, crampons, screws, picks, tools ... nice folks.