• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
The_North_Face

South Asia Earthquake Relief-DONATE USED GEAR

South Asia Earthquake Relief An estimated 3 million people & 28,000 expectant mothers were left homeless by the earthquake. Without relief, the U.N. has estimated that 500,000 could die from cold and starvation this winter. You can help The North Face, Kashmir Earthquake Relief, and Global Giving bring critical supplies to this region.

Donations can be made at The North Face store in either Portland, OR (1202 NW Davis St. - 503.727.0200) or Seattle, WA (1023 1st Ave - 206.622.4111). Donations must be limited to cold weather apparel and gear only, and must be in clean functional condition. For other donation locations and details, visit www.thenorthface.com

South Asia Earthquake Relief

Donate Gear and Help Those in Need! November 18th thru 23rd[/b]

Edited by chelle

I dont have a phone to call the store and they dont have their hours posted online. does anyone know how late they are open tonight?

cheers, Brian :-)

edited by sobo to add: DOH! Just noticed the date on the last post above. But seriously, this REI thing was just last week or so, like December 16th or sump'in.

There was also a recent article in the Seattle Times in the outdoor section (Off Trail or somesuch section??) that said that REI was also collecting serviceable tents, parkas, and clothing for the Pakistan earthquake victims. There was to be a presentation by three or four Mountain Gods (Big Lou, Wickwire, Swenson, Viesturs, etc.) with a $10 suggested donation, and to bring your goodies in for shipment to Pakistan. It was being organized through the Pakistan Mountaineering Club or something like that.

I took some stuff to my local REI here in the Dustbowl, but they didn't know what I was talking about. confused.gif

Edited by sobo