South Asia Earthquake Relief-DONATE USED GEAR

The_North_Face

South Asia Earthquake Relief An estimated 3 million people & 28,000 expectant mothers were left homeless by the earthquake. Without relief, the U.N. has estimated that 500,000 could die from cold and starvation this winter. You can help The North Face, Kashmir Earthquake Relief, and Global Giving bring critical supplies to this region.

Donations can be made at The North Face store in either Portland, OR (1202 NW Davis St. - 503.727.0200) or Seattle, WA (1023 1st Ave - 206.622.4111). Donations must be limited to cold weather apparel and gear only, and must be in clean functional condition. For other donation locations and details, visit www.thenorthface.com

South Asia Earthquake Relief

Donate Gear and Help Those in Need! November 18th thru 23rd[/b]

Edited by chelle

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

edited by sobo to add: DOH! Just noticed the date on the last post above. But seriously, this REI thing was just last week or so, like December 16th or sump'in.

There was also a recent article in the Seattle Times in the outdoor section (Off Trail or somesuch section??) that said that REI was also collecting serviceable tents, parkas, and clothing for the Pakistan earthquake victims. There was to be a presentation by three or four Mountain Gods (Big Lou, Wickwire, Swenson, Viesturs, etc.) with a $10 suggested donation, and to bring your goodies in for shipment to Pakistan. It was being organized through the Pakistan Mountaineering Club or something like that.

I took some stuff to my local REI here in the Dustbowl, but they didn't know what I was talking about. confused.gif

Edited by sobo