• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dru

Worst Haircut Ever?

oooh oooh i see pandora has a "reverse mullet" pic up in the gallery! hott rolleyes.gif

...Skinhead chicks with that front fringe?

Not quite skinhead...here the buzzcut is growing out.

5292Emmons_008-med.jpg

That's me obsessively drying my crampons at the base of the Inter glacier in September 2003.

I believe it was MisterE who announced that my haircut was a "reverse mullet". laugh.gif

worst hair experience(s):

yearned for trendy 80's spiral perm; succesfully recv'd chemical burns & $25 Rx cry.gif

few years later...

2nd attempt at spiral perm; 24hrs of crying, chopped off shlder length fried tresses cry.gif

I believe it was MisterE who announced that my haircut was a "reverse mullet". laugh.gif

That'd be "party up front, business in the back?" fruit.gif

This was way before Napoleon Dynamite:

scan0013.sized.jpg

Haircut? What about those GLASSES. hahaha.gif

i feel sorry for Oly's son hellno3d.gif

kristy02.jpg

Are you the one on the right or the left?

I share your pain. I had super long hair and had it cut by a professional for the first time right before I started 7th grade. I came out of that fuckin salon with a boy cut like yours. It was so traumatic I never got my hair "styled" again--hence my persistently out-of-date hippie head. I would rather go to the dentist for a root canal than have some asswipe cut my hair.

A sad, sad tale... cry.gif

ah yes, the 7th grade haircut.... it took years of therapy and expensive shampoo for me to recover from that butcher job. Unfortunately, this led only to the sorrow of 80's bangs followed only by the horror of the spiral perm gone bad. I had a bad hair decade.

kristy02.jpg

Hey... at least you ended up with a better cut than your brother!

Looks like I'm gonna have to bust into the grade school pictures tonight. I'm remembering a shot similar to Oly's 'red/white button up shirt buttoned all the way up' that might give you a run for the money.

1970off_self_portrait.jpg

Illumination Saddle, Feb 1981

You were climbing with 'A Flock of Seagulls?'

[edited to avoid further confusion...]

Edited by knelson

Well a my hair looked like the morning after a bad night with 'A Flock of Seaguls'. Was big 80s hair their fault?

No way does this

136hopalong-med.jpg

beat this train wreck.

crazyporter.sized.jpg

Although Mike does look pretty happy.

Currently scanning my own early 90's disasters.

Actually it was the first haircut at all since 1972. You don't ever have to cut it cuz it stops by itself.

519818-Off.JPG

519818-Off.JPG.f15d886757ab37b5862adb36e54c9a34.JPG

<begin cat digression> You have a good memory! Trango died the winter before, that's Nero, who disappeared a little more than a year ago, I think he got adopted by a family of coyotes.

519835-neroonplanksmall.JPG

<end cat digression>

519835-neroonplanksmall.JPG.4325f251826a1102799978da6fddd656.JPG