Installation of AT Bindings  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Installation of AT Bindings

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just as soon have a pro do it. Since they have jigs that will ensure that everything goes on straight. I'm not saying a pro won't fuck it up too though. The type of binding might make a difference, also your experience and set up might make a difference.

Yes, even the pro's can screw up. I had a guy at Marmot fail to realize that you need to tap the holes when there is a metal top-sheet, and the tech at REI once told me that I had destroyed my skis by drilling those holes in the tip an tail (the holes supplied by the manufacturer). They'll likely do a better job than most of us, however.

So, the next question of course would be the best (or should I rephrase, the most trusted) place to have these installed. I'm too much of a choad to have enough confidence in myself not to fuck it all up. Plus, can't I sue a store if they screw them up?

Not that I ever would, but it's amazing the amount of respect one gets when they whip out their lawyer's card. evils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gif

I installed Dynafit bindings on skis myself. There's usually a middle-of-the-boot marker on the ski. Align your boots to that (they have a little arrow that marks the middle), place the bindings on your boot (on the ski) and mark where you wanna/must drill the holes. I did it with a table-drill, i.e. a drill that always makes perpendicular holes. Worked fine for me, no big deal. You have only one chance to do it right though.