Anything dry at Exit 32 or 38?

beer_factor

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Squishy Bell and Headlight Point, both at Exit 38 (north side of I-90), are for the most part out in the open so should dry out quickly after the rain stops and the frost/morning mist evaporates. They have a good range of difficulty, from pretty easy to harder-than-I-can-climb. Check www.northbendrock.com for details, or the book if you have it.

if you have ever even attempted to climb the cave in the "wet season" it seeps ... big (especially the .11d). Keep hiking and stay left, head to The Lost Resort. Climbing From the Wreckage(.13a) stays dry to a point (2/3's the route) in hard rain and can be completable in light rain. A fun excursion. You have to hike, yet get in some climbing. The .11b to the left is fun as well (also a bunch of other climbs further left(.10ish) and some exist to the right that I have not done). Maybe you can put "Cralwling" together in the poor conditions ... I had to come back in the sunshine to get the redpoint smile.gif Damn fingers ...

In my expereience, Exit 32 (ww1) stay dry in a moderate rain fall. Californicator is the driest for climmber and belayet alikee. Many of the upper extensions remain completely dry, though the starts may be affected by moisture ... as of 11/20 all is good and pretty much every climb is dry. cheers.