Snowboard Stoke!!

EWolfe

#1 That second pic of the BoarderBabe is HOT. I'd like to see more BoarderBabes. Also, where is SnowWater Heli Ski at?

#2 The thread-drift topic is old. Keep it to Snowboard Stoke.

#3 re:ThreadDrift. Plain and simple, Skiers are jealous. Now run along and practice your hippity-hoppity turns and leave the SnowboardStoke alone.

bro bra blah blah blah

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea a tongue-in-cheek comment could get such "heated debate" started in the freshie zone. But then again you guys love to get it started, so here's some more vitriolic fodder for you to choke on your bong hits about:

1. None of you single plank tools could keep up with me or any of my friends so STFU. I have friends who've been doing it SINCE THE BEGINNING, and they manage to keep up, but that's all.

2. Ever see the boarder-cross? BWAHHAHAHAHAH, you call that a race?

3. I see you "sick" mother-fuckers ripping those "sick lines" EVERYWHERE, you know... like those big rocks "under the chair" that you side-slip to the top of in choo-choo-train formation, with the cushie landings that you can't stick anyway. It's the alpine sliding equivalent of bouldering.

4. I have a good friend who snowboards and teles and is better at both of them than most of you fucking twits in cammo. He was riding a 170 back when you douche-bags had a 30" stance mounted to your 142 and did "skateboard" tricks with your feet strapped in... that is IF you were even riding back then when it was cooler than jesus to be a snowboarder (which it fucking ain't anymore).

5. Boarding is better for some things than skiing, worse for others, and just as goddamn common, so while you guys are all worried about how "core" your brethren are, and how often skiers wiggle their butts, me and my friends are off skiing big descents in untracked snow that you'll likely never see.

the_finger.gif

And btw, I don't really give a fuck about any of what I just wrote so if this pisses you off, it's even funnier to me.

wave.gif

Really? I better get me some videos then.... tongue.gif

All the big lines skied out by saturday, huh. It snowed on Thursday, and all the RIPPERS made it out on friday because every ski-bum knows that Friday is THE day to RIP cuz it snows on thursday, and the chute under chair 1 ain't waitin' for no Saturday ridin' warren miller fan.

Washington has great skiers and great snowboarders.

I would have to call bullshit on any argument claiming skiers to be "better" than snowboarders. Particularly in washington where ski area conditions are much more conducive to snowboarding I would be willing to bet that in washington the top 10% of snowboarders on average ride harder than the top 1% of skiers. Obviously there are gapers in both sports, and snowboarding has more than its fair share.

Take Mt. baker for example, big drops and steep lines get ridden proportionately way more by snowboarders than skiers even compared to the relative sizes of the two populations.

• 2 months later...