Snowboard Stoke!!

EWolfe

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder I almost get nailed by them every time I go to Baker.

Most likely it's because you don't point your tips downhill... friggin skiers disease.

Aha, as a snowboarder I find this gratuitous and inexplicable slaloming very confusing and strangely hypnotic. I'll be cooking along, and the skier way off left or right of me will all of a sudden sweep in and blindside me. I'm sorry sir, I hadn't realized that this run was your private playground! For god's sake, LOOK WHERE/BEFORE YOU TURN!

That said, snowboarders at ski areas are in general still more annoying than skiers. Also it is fun to trade profanities with snowboarders when I ski.

Aha, as a snowboarder I find this gratuitous and inexplicable slaloming very confusing and strangely hypnotic. I'll be cooking along, and the skier way off left or right of me will all of a sudden sweep in and blindside me. I'm sorry sir, I hadn't realized that this run was your private playground! For god's sake, LOOK WHERE/BEFORE YOU TURN!

Exactly!!!

I find "ski" areas annoying...

- bigdrink.gif

Hey bitches.....this is about snowboard stoke....not whiny skiers.

Get over it already.....skiing is dying in the resort atmosphere and the youth want to snowboard...maybe y'all should move to utah or go ski at mad river glen because you just get in the way at baker.

I ski and ride a board and think that most of the problem is due to skiers and boarders just being "out of phase" with each other. Seems like when I'm on a board I have way more close calls with skiers and vice versa.

With respect to the youth thing, I think that snowboarding was the cool new edgy thing in the late 80's, but that's been nearly 20 years ago. My hunch is that young folks who want to something different than their friends ski instead of boarding, but who knows.

I have to say that fat skis in powder seem to deliver the best of both worlds. High speeds, long swoopy turns - and the ability to keep moving when things flatten out and gravity is no longer there to help you.

No offense meant, but splitters aside, anyone who "skis and rides a board", doesn't really snowboard...

- bigdrink.gif

None taken. I never even wanted to learn to ride, but after an ACL tear that I sustained on skis I figured riding-for-rehab would beat sitting out a season so I bought the gear and rode for a couple of years, and now it's 80/20 in favor of skis again. Definitely fun, but yea - the truth is I'm not really a snowboarder.

Another factor that will forever keep me out of the real snowboarder camp is that my limited time on the board I was able link turns in steep moguls, and never shaved a foot of fresh off of a line while side-sliding down a run that I had no business being on..... hahaha.gifbigdrink.gif

#1 That second pic of the BoarderBabe is HOT. I'd like to see more BoarderBabes. Also, where is SnowWater Heli Ski at?

#2 The thread-drift topic is old. Keep it to Snowboard Stoke.

#3 re:ThreadDrift. Plain and simple, Skiers are jealous. Now run along and practice your hippity-hoppity turns and leave the SnowboardStoke alone.