Your Seattle Seahawks

pope

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colts will not be a test at all. Most of their starters will be in baseball caps by the third series. They have nothing for which to play. The Hawks should win, but I wouldn't get too excited about it. They need to win to get home field and the Colts already have it.

I too think that this year will be different in the playoffs. I think that hosting the games will help, but the fact the we are really good is more important.

The Colts will not be a test at all. Most of their starters will be in baseball caps by the third series. They have nothing for which to play. The Hawks should win, but I wouldn't get too excited about it. They need to win to get home field and the Colts already have it.

I don't agree at all. I think that both teams will be playing to win. Both teams know that they may meet in the Super Bowl, thereby wimnning this game is psychologically important.

I don't agree at all. I think that both teams will be playing to win. Both teams know that they may meet in the Super Bowl, thereby wimnning this game is psychologically important.

I am sure that there is some psychological advantage to winning a game between the teams with the two best records, especially this close to the playoffs, but neither team will really know what they are getting from the other. It is specifically because they may meet in the Super Bowl that the coaching staffs may hold something back. If you were watching two weeks ago when Peyton Manning was grabbed by the turf monster while dropping back to pass you will be able to understand why Dungy would understandably be reluctant to risk injury to key members of his team. It is not that I think that the Colts will trot out the scout team, nor do I think that they will not want to win the game, but I have heard interviews with their coach in which he stated clearly that a perfect season was secondary to getting ready for the playoffs. That was of course before they lost the perfect season bid. I would expect that they will be even more focused on the playoffs now than they would have been had they beaten the Chargers. I guess we will see on the 24th.