Easton route on Baker?

Silentpartner

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mice are a problem all over Mt. Baker right now. Keep your food away from them as a significant amount of the rodents in the Cascades carry the Hunta virus.

I haven't climbed that particular route for about a month, but I've been on the mountain a lot. Many parties appear to be climbing up the left side of the glacier. Many have come over so far that they are ascending the Deming Glacier as opposed to the Easton.

The shrund was not a problem a few weeks ago. And last year it was never a problem. I have not heard anything about it to indicate that it is a problem from others who are on the mountain as much as I am.

Have a great trip!

Jason

I was up there about a week and a half ago.

Four to five parties climbed the far left side. I don't know what the boot track was doing as I was looking down at them from the saddle between Colfax and Baker. It looks like the only disadvantage of climbing that side would be that one would miss out on the view into the crater.

Oh well...

Jason

[ 08-21-2002, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Jason Martin ]