Seattle Drytool Night

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topout move simply sucks! Groveling in the dirt that's rather quickly getting kicked to the bottom of the crag. If your going to lead it I'd do it soon before the remaining two grass clumps completely dissapear! cantfocus.gif

Thanks again Alex, for the very well placed bolt just below the lip!

Hopefully we'll get out again next week! wave.gif

With a little creativity there are at least 5 seperate lines there so we could probably squeeze up to 10 people in?

Edited by selkirk

That sounds good to me. I have one other buddy who will be coming as well and will arrive a little later. We should all meet in the parking lot and then drive together up there, then he'll have a spot to park.

So, to recap: Meeting tomorrow, Wednesday 1/25/2006, at the Issaquah P&R between 5:15pm and 5:30pm. For those that are new, make sure to look back a few pages and there are directions and gear information. Hope to see ya'll there!! bigdrink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
That sounds good to me. I have one other buddy who will be coming as well and will arrive a little later. We should all meet in the parking lot and then drive together up there, then he'll have a spot to park.

So, to recap: Meeting tomorrow, Wednesday 1/25/2006, at the Issaquah P&R between 5:15pm and 5:30pm. For those that are new, make sure to look back a few pages and there are directions and gear information. Hope to see ya'll there!! bigdrink.gif

Can you recap this or update it for possible newbies (like moi)?

• 2 weeks later...

Gear...

Basically, if you have tools bring them, if you have crampons bring those too smile.gif Maybe bring 1 kit to help set up the top ropes, and if you have an old rope bring that to. It will likely get covered in mud so nothing too new and shiny. Oh and be sure to take your leashes off!

Beyond that... helmet, gloves, and clothing appropriate for the weather, hot tea can be nice too. Oh, and definitely bring the headlamp.

Your tools will get dull, your crampons will get dull so no need to sharpen them. There are at least 3 set of anchors, and likely one or two new ones all of which can be set up from above as top ropes. If your feeling spry, two of the lines are very well bolted for leading (thanks Alex!). Oh, and when you fall leading, your crampons will shoot sparks smile.gifsmile.gif The left hand one is pretty straight forward, except for the exit move which involves manteling on tools, and desperate sticks into the grass clump tongue.gif Alex thought it was probably M4. Right hand route has a thin dihedral in the middle but an easier topout. Likely M5? Alex, did anyone ever get the redpoint on the right hand route? Both cruxes have bolts you can clip from below the crux which is much appreciated!

also, as it's Issaquah in the winter, plan on getting your rope muddy as hell regardless of what you do.

Had lots and lots of fun last winter! Met some cool folks, got to play with a variety of tools. So long as it's not pouring it's pretty cool, and likely dry tooling is the only local real rock to be had til spring. We usually climbed for a couple of hours and everyone did a lap or two on the routes and then headed home.

Parking is limited (2, maybe 3 cars if you squeeze) so carpooling is a good idea, though I think the Issaquah P&R is still closed?

I can't make it the next two weeks, but will hopefully make it out after Thanksgiving. Have fun and stay dry!