Trango Extreme vs. Trango Extreme Evo GTX?

Stephen_Ramsey

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between the Trango Extreme vs the Trango Extreme EVO GTX? Does the gore-tex make a difference, or is it just more acronyms for marketing purposes? I'm looking for a boot for winter in the Cascades.

Would appreciate hearing from folks who have and use the Trango Extreme. wave.gif

I have both kinds. The EVOs have a gore-tex liner, the old ones don't. I haven't used the EVOs enough in the snow to find out if they are really completely waterproof, but I suspect they still aren't. I'm sure they will be more wp than the old ones though. They are light, comfortable and climb well, regardless of the waterproofness outcome though.

IMHO they are not warm enough for 'winter' in the cascades. They have no insulation. They are strictly a 'summer' boot for me.

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your reply. Just to be sure-- You're talking about the Trango Extremes, not the Trango S, right?

Cheers,

Steve

oops, no I was talking about the Trango S and Trango S EVO. guess I need to read more closely next time. I didn't know there was a Trango Extreme EVO. sorry about that.

The Extreme EVO is still technically a non-insulated boot. The EVO does have an insulated insole, which is good on snow, but not when it is wicked cold. I believe the EVO series has more ankle articulation as well, which means you can pull off some sick figure 4's.

The EVO has 150 gram thinsulate insulation as well as a insulated insole. Check the web site. Might want to look at the ICE EVO, same boot, better lacing to lock in heel, same insulation, I tried the EVO's (non ice), foot moved everywhere, ICE EVO no movement, kick ass boot IMHO