Squamish rock climbing question?

I might be up in Vancouver this weekend and was thinking about heading from there to do some climbing in Squamish. I don't know anything about the area or the routes so I'll have to get a guide book... any recommendations what guide books to get? Is there sport, trad, or both type of routes? Also does anybody climb up there this time of the year or is it a bad idea?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is very very wet these days. I took my gear for a walk through the Smoke Bluffs last weekend looking for anything dry, and settled for TRing some 5.7 slabs rolleyes.gif ... was very surprised to see how much the moss is regrowing, next spring will be scruffy. Judging by the forecast for this weekend you are probably better off going skiing or paddling or something else.

Bring a snorkel.

Snorkels are aid.

By all means come up for a day to check things out, but don't plan on doing much climbing, unless you're really into sketching your way up flowing waterfalls. If you've got a play boat, you could chalk up the first kayak descent of the Grand Wall, or just play around in the eddies on Diedre. There's probably some decent standing waves on Slab Alley, too.