Bad Climbing movies

biteme

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any movie involving k2

i saw a wonderfully terrible climbing scene in the next to last season of "enterprise" as well - 2 climbers climbing technical rock in the dead of summer w/ denali-sized packs - they're roped, climbing side-by-side, no pro - rope dangling down 20 m below each other - guess it made filming the dialoug easier.. my style!

yeah, i liked the ski runs in the distance too.

BUT my disbelief was suspended due to the the gripping storyline, acting, and dialogue.

great film. amazing.

I also liked how they expanded upon the concept of the "pointman." My pointman also died tragically so it really hit home. you will burn in evelasting hell for dissing this fine film.

Has anybody seen "K2" (or as I like to call it "K2: The Ultimate High") lately? I would venture to say that it's a fine film. A stunning cinematic achievement. There are so many issues raised in the film that continue to be relevant to this day. Alpine style vs. seige style mountaineering:

"Fast and loose is not the way to climb K2"

"Dallas is the best expedition planner in the states."

"If I would have known that, I would have let him pack my bags for me."

Oooh, just thinking about it gets my heart thumping.

On belay, Taylor

5.) my favorite: did you get to the top?

When I worked as a ranger at Devils Tower in the mid 80's and on my climbing days (days off) loved to bait the visitors. They always asked this and I always replied: "Nope, we went all the way".

They would nod and look perplexed but respectful enough not to ask me to elaborate.

I saw this one film, well I guess I wouldn't call it a film, let's say video, where a group of 20 somethings male and females went to J-tree. They hired a guide and went out climbing for the day. It was funny you tell the guide was cracking up about the shit they were talking and havign to be belay slave to these completely inexperienced "stars". The other funny thing was they blocked out the guides face so you couldn't tell who he was. After climbing with the guide they went around the boulders of J-Tree and smileysex5.gif for the rest of the "film". I can't remember the name it though.