the silence is erie

gregm

maybe it's like the silence that comes ove the table when the food is really good. maybe it's like nobody talking about the loose woman we all had. maybe it's further proof nobody posts on this board unless they're sitting at work pissed off they aren't outside.

watsamatta? afraid a little bbs 'w00t' and everyone will know and poach your line at ****** easily accessed backcountry???

you got a freaking facefull today and you freaking know it. you powder bastards!!!!

fruit.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was TOO deep at Baker today. Figure 11s on all but the steepest lines. Another 14" tonight. WTF!

yep... that's one of the reasons I'm waiting till next weekend for my first turns!

going mtn biking tomorrow, in the 45-degree rain... would SO much rather go skiing.. but I'd rather wait, all the same.

bigdrink.gif

as in Lake Erie?

Interesting fact about Lake Erie:

It is one of the few lakes in the world tht is ON an island and also has an island in it. Island-within-an-island.

Man, I just looked at the map of Vancouver Island and Great Central Lake has like 15 islands in it rolleyes.gif

as in Lake Erie?

Interesting fact about Lake Erie:

It is one of the few lakes in the world tht is ON an island and also has an island in it. Island-within-an-island.

that island near anacortes is in lake campbell, not lake eerie, dumas.

I thought it would be appropriate to post some Quick Facts about Lake Huron (near Lake Erie), which has some of that lake-island-in-island stuff.

From http://blacksbay.com/links/manitoulin_links.html:

Manitoulin has more lakes on an island than any other island in the world (total of 110 lakes)

Come to Manitoulin & see an island in a lake in an island in a lake.

Treasure Island is in Lake Mindemoya. Lake Mindemoya is on a bigger island (Manitoulin Island). Manitoulin Island is on one of the world's biggest freshwater lakes (Lake Huron).

This is exactly the sort of thing I was pondering to achieve a zen state while my body and head were engulfed in powder this past weekend.

Edited by philfort