Stupid Colorado skiing...

JoshK

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would trade you a shitty season in CO for an epic season on the East Coast any day....

Where? The adirondaks are pretty good on a number of fronts, and less crowded than CO.

East coast? HAHHAHAH what a joke! I Take CO anyday over east coast crusty icy tiny snow bases

• 4 weeks later...

Colorado powder is nice...when they have it. the problem is that, compared to the NW at least, they get so little annual snowfall. the best of the Colorado destination resorts, Winter Park, averages the same yearly snowfall as Crystal, the lowest average snowfall of the W WA Cascades ski resorts. (and by "best" I mean that they have the highest annual average snowfall) its cold and dry in CO so what snow they get stays well preserved but nothing beats skiing in fresh snow, heavy or otherwise. with fresh snow there is almost always great turns to be had.

and for whats its worth, Jay Peak VT has the same amount of yearly snowfall as Crystal and Winter Park.

so much for my $.02! LOL

Damnit...It has snowed like 6" top here. Copper Mountain opened today with ONE run and ONE lift. Look at Baker! It's gonna open with every lift and all terrain. I miss the PNW snow. T-giving is only three weeks away!!!!

f***, dude. of all the mountains to go to around there, you chose copper? rolleyes.gif that's YOUR bad and you deserve no sympathy! evils3d.gif

The first winter I was in CO I was all psyched to hear that Keystone was opening in October. On my first ride up the mountain I noticed that there was absolutely no snow in the woods. They only had one run open on man made snow. The one run was packed with people and there were ski patrolers telling everyone to slow down ever 100 yards.

I think I did 3 runs before I got disgusted and drove home. The next time I skied, in mid December, there was still no snow, but at least they had got a few runs open and the patrolers weren't making a show of force.

Vail has to be the most overhyped resort on the planet. The terrain accessed by Crystal's Chair 7 alone absolutely destroys everthing that Vail has to offer, except perhaps low-pitch groomers. I say this even having the way, way, way, way overhyped back bowls more or less to myself during a storm that shut down I-70.

Mary Jane kicks the ass of everywhere (excluding Silverton & Wolf Creek). Here is why:

1) stated earlier: mad amounts of snow,

2) stated earlier: NOTHING in the world like Colorado champagne powder (you can pretend heavy, wet snow is just as good, but deep down inside, in places you don't talk about at parties, you know you are pretending)cantfocus.gif

3) copious quantity of tree runs

4) I once got fresh powder, on repeated runs, in the trees on December 26, until the chair closed.

and most importantly, setting it above anything in the PNW

5) you can afford a freakin pass!!!fruit.gif

6) they don't stick it to you on the terrible snow years. ps , the man says thank you for your money! madgo_ron.gif

bigdrink.gif