Looking for B/C ski partners for this winter!

Double_E

Split-boarders welcome too. (I guess) smile.gif

Overall my skill level would be "advanced newbie". I've done about 15-20 days of XC and BC skiing, spread out over maybe 7 years.

Have transceiver and shovel know how to use 'em. Took Gary Brill's avy skills class in... 2000 I think it was.

On groomed runs I'm solidly intermediate... fast on the blue runs ... sorta clumsy on the blacks but I do like to power thru one or two per day.

Lookin to head up to Pardise/Muir, as soon as, well ..... one can get to deep, skiable snow within about 1/4 mile or so of the parking lot!!! Would be great to meet up with folks before then, tho... go for a hike, practice transceiver stuff, have a beer, etc.

Ethan

(The above was a reprint from my recent post on TAY.com.... my first TAY post ever actually.)

So who wants to go to Muir, or thereabouts, on Saturday the 12th?!??

fruit.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on getting my complete A/T setup and should have it ready to go by the end of the month. I also noticed you live in West Seattle, might have to have a WS Pub Club sometime. There's a lot of stuff around the Pass and Stevens that would be good to start out on and match abilities. I'm new to A/T skiing in general, but have CC and Alpine skied for the last ten years or so. Drop me a line sometime. wink.gif

I'm working on getting my complete A/T setup and should have it ready to go by the end of the month. I also noticed you live in West Seattle, might have to have a WS Pub Club sometime. There's a lot of stuff around the Pass and Stevens that would be good to start out on and match abilities. I'm new to A/T skiing in general, but have CC and Alpine skied for the last ten years or so. Drop me a line sometime. wink.gif

sounds good. actually next Wednesday, I might be getting together for beers with this one guy I talked to from TAY.com... either somewhere downtown or else West Seattle.... come join us if you like .... if there's enuf interest I'll post a "skiers pub club" or something. grin.gifbigdrink.gif

Billygoat et.al.: you want to go the 26th, or 27th? I'm gonna try to keep both days open, just go whichever has better conditions. I'm thinking maybe Crystal backcountry, w/o lifts ... or else Paradise/Muir.

i am moving to olympia...or sequim...depending on factors beyond my control within the next 2 weeks and am psyched to get out into the hills with ALL THIS EARLY SNOW. especially after last year's pathetic display. i can do the weekend of the 26th and 27th. probably won't make it to any pub clubs but keep me posted i want to SKIIIIII!!!!! fruit.gif

• 3 weeks later...

WC:

sounds good. You want to try to meet up at the 12/13 Pub Club? If so, I'll go fer sure.. I've been thinking it's time to go to one again. Any other skiers up for next Tuesday?

Transplant:

so where do you live, Vancouver or something? Yeah St. Helens. let's do it!!! spring maybe? I've climbed it in winter before, wouldn't mind doing so again.