• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
RedMonk

North Ridge of Baker

planning a trip this week/end and wonderin if the conditions are good on the north ridge... if not we'll just hit up the boulder glacier... thanks in advance...

-scott

kirk wants us to do NR this weekend...i am donw with wheater...just got back from outer space...it was stellar.... [big Grin][big Drink] let me know what your plans are...

I would suggest a different route. You would not like the approach through the forest, too much vegetation. [smile]

they should rename the fisher chimneys the Hisher Chimneys so people could call it the HC route... [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

they should rename the fisher chimneys the Hisher Chimneys so people could call it the HC route...
[laf]

Oh god, that's some funny shit!!!! Stop it, you're killing me.

[ 08-08-2002, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: MountainMan ]

N. ridge sounds fine.

after we should probably hit the N.face of Shuks, approaching with the helmet cam this time and beginning before dusk.

How bout it Sv? Red? [big Drink]

-

accompanying text mentions how they got turned back from attempting N ridge in late July cause of a "Maze of Open crevases..." [Eek!]

or maybe that's just their excuse

HAHA ... a day climb to Sherpa and the Fisher Chimneys the next day??? Did I hear you right sverdina? So delectable!!!! Let's do it!!!

I tried NR Baker today with dane, we could not find a way to the base, and turned around at 7300.

Alex