the worst logging road approaches?

luwayo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that's recently been deactivated or is all washed out and sucky - like the Shannon Creek road or Chehalis road or American Creek. Harrison west is cruisey but its sooo long.... if that ones too easy do the Big Silver to Kookipi and out Nahatlatch.

.....in no order:

1. Kwoiek Creek (Creek xing)

2. North Kwoiek Creek (hell)

3. Chehalis-Mystery Creek (washouts/large de-activation)

4. Paleface-Meroniuk (including Chilli Lake road potholes) (debris slides)

5. Charles Creek (Urq/Med) in the last two months. (washout/trees/de-activation)

6. Molybdenite Creek (upper reaches) (30% Mining Track/Rockfall)

7. East Wilson Creek-Hicks Creek FSR (see above)

8. Skookum Creek (unreal de-activation/washout)

9. Mamquam L-Line (see above)

10. Final Approach of Lost/Terepocki Creek (North/East Stave)

11. Blowdown Creek/Pass (mining track/washout)

12. North Joffre Creek (for alder)

13. North Lizzie Creek FSR (rockfall/erosion/washout/incredibly unhealthy bridge)

14. Slollicum Creek (creek xing/washouts)

15. ....and the worst of all Glacier Creek road for the groomed out sled track that ices up at about the same time you're driving down after climbing Baker.

Edited by hubris

.....in no order:

12. North Joffre Creek (for alder)

13. North Lizzie Creek FSR (rockfall/erosion/washout/incredibly unhealthy bridge)

14. Slollicum Creek (creek xing/washouts)

The north Joffre is so overgrown now you would need an industrial lawnmower to get through. The other forks on N Joffre are in pretty good shape, in fact there's active logging on one of them.

North Fork of Lizzie FSR has recently been cleared in the last year by myself and a BCMC group. - although there are still many large boulders that are tricky for a fullsize to get past, and one large landslide where one set of tires is on the slide, and the other set is right on the edge shocked.gif

I didn't find Slollicum too bad, either. Fun at night cantfocus.gif

One good one is the Owl Creek FSR. Good washouts, some exposure, large boulders and some loose rock.

I have a stock 1/2 ton pickup, and I'm no extreme driver by any stretch.

"I didn't find Slollicum too bad, either. Fun at night"

When did you do it? Slollicum FSR was gated two years ago for active logging. CanFor have apparently re-constructed the mainline, and de-built two of the spurs trending northwest. If you did it as recently as then, the road is probably in better shape than when I did it about 5 years ago.

"The north Joffre is so overgrown now you would need an industrial lawnmower to get through. The other forks on N Joffre are in pretty good shape, in fact there's active logging on one of them."

The north fork was driveable 5 years ago (it was cleared by Ian H and Greg H), but I skied it last year and found that it had "aldered itself". This is where the active logging is taking place. The company I work for lost out on the bid 2 years ago to perform the layout mad.gif

Edited by hubris