• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
SurferJon

Beta Needed - Cooper Spur, Hogsback Bergshrund

You are going to have to rap the schrund, there is a rock that you can rap off and then pull your rope. I was up their on the 17th (N face) and it was thin. The cooper spur looked ok from the top, the snow was a litte lanche so keep that in mind. Have fun and post a report if you go!!

i wouldnt worry about the south side just down climb the spur. i was on the north face last weekend and will be doing it again tonight. I just down climb cooper spur its fast and easy. plus you dont have to shuttle cars

Weather looks ugly. Hope everything turns out okay; sometimes the east/northeast side of the mountain is a bit quieter. Let's hope for a good report!

fruit.gifbigdrink.gif

i wouldnt worry about the south side just down climb the spur....its fast and easy. plus you dont have to shuttle cars

This may not be good advice. Although downclimbing the spur certainly would save time and the effort of car shuttling, descending cooper spur is a serious & committing choice to make. Of the many accidents that have occured on CS, lots have been on the descent. Let's be careful throwing out distorted advice like this, especially to someone considering ascending the spur, let alone descending it.

Got off safe, lots of new snow up there, watch for slides. Ice is starting to come in sick, should be awesome climbing before too long.