So what the heck are YOU doing this weekend

mattyg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good weekend to shovel dirt as its forecast for rain all weekend. Since my foot still hurts and I'm going to Red Rocks in a couple of weeks, I'd better stay off of it some.

cry.gifyelrotflmao.gifcry.gif

My last "helper" up there got the shakes from the fear of God and bailed out real early last time as soon as he rapped past the top loose rock I had not trundled yet on route #1 which is basically pretty well done otherwise. I was planning on shoveling route #2 and had just started until he got below me, so I took a break to clear him and his stuff out of the way. He helped by contributing a name: "Bill's Buttress". Keeping with tradition that every 15' of rock needs a formation name, and Salethe Wall was already taken I suppose.

So I'll be at Bill's Buttress on route 2 with the shovel and other implements of destruction again as long as it's classic NW rain (slow and light) and not classic Midwest rain (can't see or breathe till it stops unless you are equipped with a snorkel-mask combo or Scuba gear)! If you look over the edge of the cliff and see what appears to be a dirt-clod shaped object attached to a climbing rope, that's me. wave.gif

cry.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifcry.gif

I hope to lose some weight sometime. Then I'll look like a small dirt clod anyway. smile.gif

BTW, if you kids who were up there laying down with your heads over the cliff edge sniggering, sniggering looking at each other then sniggering some more at me last weekend show up and start laughing or sniggering again, I have a plan to drag you into this morass of hard labor too, so watch out. It may be true that your amusement last weekend did make me laugh at myself. Ill admit it's an unusual sight. Pretty funny. Much like the visual of a love starved Poodle mounting a stuffed Ottoman.

However-

We'll see how funny you think it is when you're shoveling mass quantities of rock and dirt while hanging off a 11 mil rope all vertical like tearing your fingernails off and getting filthy. I can already assure you that your crying, wailing and pleas will find a deaf ear with me. AHHHH-HAAA!

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

You know what they say: "He who sniggers first sniggers last".

So shoveling. Then drinking.

Probably in that order too having learned my lesson earlier this year.

The last time I got it mixed up with the 3 or 4 highball cocktail opener before firing I was shocked to peel off and violently landed on some uneven rocks from higher than I should have been - got lucky and didn't break anything, but some of you may have seen me walking around all limpy like for quite some time. Very interesting in that it did not hurt at all until the next day.

Repeating the mantra for my learning only: Shoveling. Climbing. Then drinking.

So shoveling. Then drinking.

Got it: Shoveling. Then drinking, then shoveling, then drinking then shoveling then drinking then shoveling then climbing the raining the shoveling then drinking then wet then shoveling then climbing.

LOOK OUT FOR THE ROCKS DUMBASS - DOHHHH-OUCHHHHHH

Crap, I think I know how I got it mixed up last time.