wtb ice screws

astro

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was considering the titanium ones, but decided against it after seeing some of the board input. I did manage to pick up some used BD Turbo Express screws for way cheap. Sorry about my post Alpinfox - I was pretty drunk. Thanks everyone else.

TI ones would be good to back up a v thread anchor. I wouldn't rap off just one I don't think. Unless it was a serious "we got's to get the hell outta here" situation. Even then I would send the heavy one and back up the first screw with a second one and watch how the ti one handles. I had a dream last night about a someones rap anchor coming off and them falling. Then in a panic I went down to see if they were okay and they were at the bottom sleeping peacefully in a sleeping bag.

TI ones would be good to back up a v thread anchor. I wouldn't rap off just one I don't think

For what it's worth - I've rapped off of single Ti screws a few times and don't normally backup v-threads (unless the ice is funky). I usually haul them along as leaver screws.