boot liner question

Sean_T_Stevenson

I recently purchased a pair of Lowa Civetta GTX Extreme boots (not much choice in the matter, as my feet are size 15), but I was wondering how the stock Gore-Tex/Thinsulate inner boot compared to an aftermarket liner like the intuitions? I have a very straight foot, and I noticed some pressure between my big toes and the inner side of the toe box - not much, but I'm guessing that any at all is a problem? My feet fit no prob in the shells, so maybe it would be more comfortable with custom liners? Any opinions appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Civettas have a relatively thin liner and the intuition is thick enough that it may not fit, especially if your fit is already snug. It could be that you would have to go 1/2 to a full size larger boot. I've heard good feedback on the intuitions - warm and comfortable and light weight. They may be too bulky for Civettas though. Of course, you can always go to a shop (Marmot) and give them a try.