Music

erik

What did DJ Disk look like, I always thought that that was just one of Bill Laswell's aliases?

wouldnt it be cool if Herby Hancock had done the Love Bug soundtrack?

And so, who is gonna play Mushmouth when they do the live action remake (starring Ice Cube as Bill Cosby and Kevin Costner as Fat Albert?) rolleyes.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Dru: how's that thread for a "golden moldy oldy"? I went to Herby's show and was inspired to write, and then I did a search under "music" which pulled up this gem. BTW, don't say Barry Manilow and Herby Hancock in the same sentence.

quote:

Originally posted by pope:
Yes, Dru: how's that thread for a "golden moldy oldy"? I went to Herby's show and was inspired to write, and then I did a search under "music" which pulled up this gem. BTW, don't say Barry Manilow and Herby Hancock in the same sentence.

So, did he do any "Rockit" era scratching, or "Dis is da Drum" era mini-Moog noodling and wack rhyming, or was it just boring piano pieces?

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

So, did he do any "Rockit" era scratching, or "Dis is da Drum" era mini-Moog noodling and wack rhyming, or was it just boring piano pieces?

Maybe some Headhunters/Thrust era straight FUNKIN SHIT UP? Or perhaps some Mwandishi era Fat Albert funk? I mean you did know that Herbie (not Herby) did the music for the Fat Albert right?

quote:

Originally posted by willstrickland:

Maybe some Headhunters/Thrust era straight FUNKIN SHIT UP? Or perhaps some Mwandishi era Fat Albert funk? I mean you did know that Herbie (not Herby) did the music for the Fat Albert right?

Hey what the hell is the name of the Fat Albert character with the toque pulled way down over his face with the eye holes??