Music

erik

This post is a follow up and addition to MR. Good Time's posts of more to life then climbing.

So since we all have to drive so many hours to reach those fabled crags and mountain ranges that we all desire so much. We have lots of idle time.

So what music does everyone like around here?

I enjoy most:

Bob Marley-duh

Ben Harper

Neil Young

Pink Floyd

Modest Mouse

Nine Inch Nails

Dave Siemans

& Gov't Mule

to name a few.

p.s. Ben Harper will be in seattle on 5/24 ans spokane 5/21 and van b.c. a day in between.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a long time, my car cd was KSRV, "all Stevie Ray all the time." I've broadened out (in more ways than one) I highly recommend

The Boss

Joan Jett (I've still got a crush on her!)

Sleater Kinney (esp. Dig Me Out)

Papa Chubby

another vote for Bob Marley, and Ziggy M.

Dave Edmunds

On the way back from Colchuck, Mr. GT turned me on to Spearhead, and I've got their two best albums now, but I've only got to play them at work so far.

Hey Caveman - what about David Lee Roth - the man solos in the Sierras afterall tongue.gif just like peter croft wink.gif

In terms of Music Tastes I will vote today for The Residents, Bill Laswell, RL Burnside, Massive Attack, Neil Young, Devo, Kid Koala, Public Enemy, RZA, Coltrane, Tom Waits, Banco de Gaia and Shirley Bassey. My opinions tomorrow may change drastically.

[This message has been edited by Dru (edited 05-09-2001).]

i am embarred by you guys.......HOW COULD ANYONE LEAVE OUT LED!

i highly recommend after you have finished a kick ass climb to listen to misty mountain or rock and roll. those are great. and on the way to the climb listen to RAmble on with the volume up. nothing gets you in the mood to climb like led zep.

i also enjoy rap but i know all you old farts hate the stuff so i will never bother you about listening to it wink.gif

sabbath, cream, the doors, beattle, blink 182, nirvana, tupac, dr. dre, snoop, ice cube,none of that p*&%y shit rap only hard stuff wink.gif

ummmmmmm basicly anything that isn't counrty or disco

Aidan

Eric- Good idea bro. I've seen Ben Harper live twice and he is a pretty incredible musician. Thanks for the heads up.

Aidan- I didn't think most people your age listened to Zeplin. Not everyone here is an old fart, just caveman.

My list is way too big so I'll just put down some favorites and stuff I've been finding.

Hendrix- I saw this chick hump his statue naked, no kidding.

Ben Harper- Plays lap slide guitar, does some incredible Hendrix covers

Rage- Listen to this before soccer games and take peoples heads off. Morelo is the man.

Jurasic 5- Just heard of these guys. It's rap and it's good shit.

The Doors- Makes some people totally tweak out.

Fatboy Slim- Some funky stuff, some tracks will put you in the zone.

If anyone says Kid Rock I'm going to steal cavemans club and shove it up your pendejo (than give it back to caveman!)

How about a semi-old farts (older than caveman, younger than Donini, Hargis, and JM) choice of Iggy Pop, Bruce Williams, Tom Lykis, and the Sex Pistols. Don't mention Led Zeppilin too loud, or CircleK will climb up on his electro lounge music bullshit soapbox.

I am the only guy in my middle school that listens to zep. they all think i am weird smile.gif its funny

i didnt mean to offend you caveboy wink.gif i hope its not an overhanging, offwidth, slippery chimmey shocked.gif or worse yet Hyperspace!!!!! AHHHHHHH the presure chamber is suppose to suck!! dont get any ideas! wink.gif

Aidan

I guess I'm totally in the minority here, but I have to go with folky hillbilly music. Anything bluegrass, Nanci Griffith, Iris Dement, Dwight Yoakam, Gillian Welch, Emmylou Harris, etc., etc. If it don't twang at least a little bit, it ain't worth listening to.

Now if you want something so twangy it'll make your ears bleed, you gotta check out BR5-49 or Freakwater.

Today's list includes the DK's, Mos Def, Sun Ra, Bad Religion, NOFX, Peter Brotzmann/Last Exit, Loop Guru, Horace Andy and the Mermen. Sorry pope, no Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Alanis, Tea Party, Tragically Hip etc. I am down with Stompin' Tom and Blood, Sweat and Tears, though.

cool dru, let me know how much i owe you for a ticket. might as weel see him at all the pnw shows. a trifecta. plz allow me a kitty of two blondes a burnette and bottle of ole' gran dad. plz none of your sistas'

wink.gif glad my girlfriend doesn't have a computer!

cool.gif way to cool.gif

No one has mentioned MC 900 Foot Jesus, Dr. Dre, Tupac, US3, or French rapper MC Solar. Or Travis Shredd & the Good Ol' Homeboys. They'll make you want to sleep with your cousin. And Spearhead. See them live. Michael Franti married a local gal, and they play here often. You can still get stoned in the bathroom at the Show Box, but be careful.

Did I write that?

Gotta love Iggy, Ben Harper, Dave Matthews, Peter Murphy, Malcolm McClaren, Camper Van Beethoven, Jimmy Dale Gilmore, Dwight Yoakum (man, can he pelvic thrust on stage), and yes, Aidan, even Led Zep. And don't forget Peter Gabriel.

Mostly, whatever tunes turn you on, there is nothing finer than getting back to the car at the end of a dirt road, cranking the stereo while you crack a cold one from the cooler, and basking in the afterglow of a good climb with good friends.

Party on, Wayne.

[This message has been edited by MrGoodTime (edited 05-10-2001).]