drytool thursday

cook

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed PBR once to see if they's sponsor me, but they never replied. Sorry Longpause, the only tools I have are BD Black Prophets with dinosaur prints.

I should also add that just because I have over 100 posts, there is no reason to be intimidated and not climb with me tomorrow. You don't even need to know how to drytool, because I really don't either.

Yeah Matt,

Ever since PBR got their blue ribbon in 1897, they've acted as if they are too good to sponser anyone! They were a much nicer company when they were just Pabst Participant Ribbon.

Anyway, I'd go but I have homework up to my ears. And a ginormous boot on my foot. Though, the boot has pterydactal drawings all over it, and spaceships; I am sponsered by NASA and Bill Nye the science guy.

-Kat

Its just below the iron horse trail a few miles east of the main climbing area.

Driving east on the exit 38 road, turn right onto a forest service road just before the eastbound onramp to I 90. Park a few hundred yards up the road and work your way toward the iron horse trail on random trails and through brush. You should be able to see the wall and talus slope through brush when driving the first part of the road.

I was kinda joking as this is shiprock (if you haven't been to smith before):

IMG_3845.sized.jpg

Big o' pile of steaming shit! If you did climb it I think the belayer would need one of those SWAT team plastic riot shields glued to his helmet or something...

Is there new mixed route development at North Bend going on?

I was joking around too, trying to entice someone to meet me up there.

Is there new mixed route development at North Bend going on?

Not that I know of, but i'm definately not in any kind of loop for those things. I'm just wanting to practice some drytooling now so I don't kill myself this winter. I did do some pullups on my ice tools instead of climbing though. Its almost the same right? bigdrink.gif

I did do some pullups on my ice tools instead of climbing though. Its almost the same right? bigdrink.gif

Your on the right track kid thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Tell Craig organic chem is just pushing electrons and that he doesn't need to study that much and start top roping as much as possible... he does have an extra set of beater pons lying around from what I heard evils3d.gifhahaha.gif Also consider build a woodie... you can do it for free if you just hit a bunch of construction sites around town and raid there scrap pile. I bet you l0ngpause has room in her living room for one especially with those tall ceilings!

I can photocopy the Gadd and Issac DT books (or at least some sections out of them) if you're serious and interested wave.gif