FREE slide show with Timmy O'Neill in Portland

AFIVE

Timmy O'Neill climbed "Space" on El Cap with his brother Sean who is paralyzed from the waist down. They did the route in 7 days and 6 nights. His slide show will be at the Patagonia Store in Portland Oregon on November 9th at 7:00 pm. It's FREE....come on by for a killer trip report and Timmy's hi jinx and antics!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Charles- I was on the FS Hotshot crew that cleared the footprints for all of the structures there at the ELC. Havent been back since, how are things going up there? Everytime I go over the pass, I think about stopping, but Im usually in a bit of a hurry.

Oh shit... my bad... I thought it was at US Outdoor as AFIVE posted it.

If it is at Patagonia I say we prefunk at Rogue Ales Public House on Flanders St (same street as the Pearl REI) unless some can think of a venue closer to Patagonia... anybody? The Rogue ale house is only like 5 minutes away...

PDX Roll Call! Who's going to come out for a pub club? bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

512017-home_logo.gif

512017-home_logo.gif.7fb2c8854b7df96afe300b62050028b2.gif

Edited by NOLSe

Service and food sucks at Rogue. Bridgeport isn't too far away; Rock Bottom is in the general vicinity, and so is the Tugboat. Anywhere but the Rogue; too bad, because I like their beer. Their waitpersons can suck my ass. the_finger.gif

Now, there's a first. Me complaining about a brewpub. cantfocus.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Seattle show:

he Timmy O’Neill Tour: back to Events

DATE: Tuesday, November 8, 7 pm

Timmy O'Neill is one of the world's funniest, most irreverent and insightful climbing presenters. He has climbed in many remote ranges, completing first ascents from Greenland to Patagonia. Timmy also partners with leading amputee and spinal injury athletes, both as climbing partner and technology developer. "Seeing my friends overcome their disabilities and achieve the seemingly impossible feeds my soul, forces me to reach even further!" he says.

Join Timmy for an evening of humor and poignancy as he recounts stories from his latest trip up El Capitan, climbing 3,000 feet of granite with his paraplegic brother Sean. Also be prepared for some short films.

This event is free. Light refreshments will be served. For more info, phone Patagonia at 206-622-9700.

I'll be there with my runt tomorrow. rockband.gif

Well- can't speak about the show but the highlight of the evening for me was drinking some beers with the tribe at Low Brow. Approx 23-24 folks crowded in pre-funk pre-Timmy and tried to talk over the noise. Nice.

Met lots of new folks and some old ones too. Nice.

Anywho, being American with a short attention span, I bogued out early when the show handn't started at 7:02pm and I realized I rather be with my family so I tooted out.

To those who said hi, it was great to meet some of you- although I'm unsure what peoples online personas are since you all had different names and seemed real nice in person. Lets get out some time. I'd like to thank everyone for not kicking my ass for some offhand remark I probably made years earlier which should have offended you.

Jimmy O was there and was discussing a get together of the tribe, so if anyone knows Jim, or you climb at Beacon (thinking Mike Layton and Marcus both no-shows (?) at the show), give him a jingle to get the info, or Joseph as well - I'll be out of the country with Ujahn in Red Rocks so I won't be there.

Thanks again for the beer Johnny!

Bill- it was nice to meet you in person, and to match some faces with cc.com avatars. We'll have to do that again sometime.

Tim was really nice, as I talked to him after the show, and the slideshow was great; very entertaining. Come back to P-town sometime, Timmy! bigdrink.gif

Good times good times! rockband.gif

I honestly didn't think that many people would show... guess it goes to show the bulk of PDX ccers are lurkers yellaf.gif

Big thumbs_up.gif to AFIVE for getting the word out! Good luck with that stacked fist fest project (let me know if you want to borrow those #4s).

Big thumbs_up.gif to Timmy for yet another entertaining slide show. thumbs_down.gif though for hitting on my girl. the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

When shall we have the next PDX pub club? I vote midweek! Maybe we can have a pub club at the circuit hahaha.gifwazzup.gif