Spamming my PM inbox

sobo

OK, this smells like spam to me. Is anyone else getting this shite in their inbox?

I'm new to here, let me tell u a little bit about myself first:

I started hiking/backpacking since April this year and did a lot of trips in my leisure time, and have been a hiking/backpacking leader for a Chinese online message board(in vanouver) since then, I learn and applied backcoutry knowedge and awareness at the same time.I do enjoy it and started to notice how beautiful the surranding area of vancouver is.

here are some this month trip reports and pics I posted on a online outdoor message board.

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13504

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13501

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13500

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13122

I'd like to know climbing and make friend with u:)

mazeGirl

"I'd like to know climbing and make friend with u..."

riiiiight! Where's HarryPi these days...?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're such a skeptic Sobo! Looks to me like she might have mistaken you for someone of Chinese extraction, and hence a possibly friendly face and easy first contact here. Doesn't look to me like she has anything to sell.

She's likely not real familiar with your posts though, aren't you a middle aged married guy with Sobo being short for Soboleski or some such?

Anyway, judging from her linked TR's, I'd guess mazegirl might be legit, so there's no reason to be anything but polite at this point.

On the other hand, it's also possible that Chaps got bored and crafted a troll just for you using some poor bystander's postings on another public board to prop up a new avatar's pseudo legitimacy. If you have any questions, PM mazegirl on that other board.

totally thumbs_down.gif

A beautiful woman sends you a friendly email and you automatically assume she's an evil Spawn of Spam.

No wonder you guys can't get dates wink.gifGeek_em8.gifcantfocus.gif

Hey now waitasecond, SWR. I turned on the charm after you told me she was legit. I was just feeding those other guys shite after my post about not being able to come up to Vancouver for the dinner. I see your winky/geeky/crazy graemlins, so I think you and I are OK on this. thumbs_up.gif

You're such a skeptic Sobo! Looks to me like she might have mistaken you for someone of Chinese extraction, and hence a possibly friendly face and easy first contact here. Doesn't look to me like she has anything to sell.

She's likely not real familiar with your posts though, aren't you a middle aged married guy with Sobo being short for Soboleski or some such?

Anyway, judging from her linked TR's, I'd guess mazegirl might be legit, so there's no reason to be anything but polite at this point.

OW,

Everything you say above is true, with the exception of the friendly face. My countenance resembles that of a hound's butt. Surely, that would scare her off. yellaf.gif

On the other hand, it's also possible that Chaps got bored and crafted a troll just for you using some poor bystander's postings on another public board to prop up a new avatar's pseudo legitimacy. If you have any questions, PM mazegirl on that other board.

Chaps is an idiot, and much too stupid to ever come up with something that inventive and devious. evils3d.gif

my current mission is to convince Kim Jong-Il to sing "i'm so ronery" live at the superbowl halftime show. wish me luck!

seriously, engineer contract with the AF. the funny thing is that i was never really interested in rock until i left portland and came here. without the year round snow i had to find something to keep me entertained.

So, did maizegrrl PM any chicks, or does she just want to "befriend" guys?

And if she is PMimg folks to evolve in her message group postings (as SWR suggests), why doesn't she just do what other chicks do when they find cc.com; post their measurements and say they want to "learn to climb", "meet new people", whatever. Those initial posts are always a kick in the pants and there have been a dearth of them lately.

Just interested in keeping up the quality of this site and all... smirk.gif

And if she is PMimg folks to evolve in her message group postings (as SWR suggests), why doesn't she just do what other chicks do when they find cc.com; post their measurements and say they want to "learn to climb", "meet new people", whatever. Those initial posts are always a kick in the pants and there have been a dearth of them lately.

You make the fatal assumption that they were actually chicks.

La-la, La-la, Lola ...