50 or 60M double ropes

tbh

I'm looking to buy a double rope set up for the cascades and chamonix climbing. any advice on which length 50 or 60m or shorter. I usually wall climb and on alpine outings i find 60 m ropes snag up and probably take more time than just doing more rapells with 50 or less meter ropes

your thoughts?

tom

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

60m will obviously get you up a longer route, and I believe in Europe their standard is pretty much 60m now. IMHO, I think having the extra length is better, so that if you are doing something knarly and your rope gets hacked, you have a better chance of saving a good portion of it. Of course, it's always a better idea to avoid rock fall.

60m will obviously get you up a longer route, and I believe in Europe their standard is pretty much 60m now. IMHO, I think having the extra length is better, so that if you are doing something knarly and your rope gets hacked, you have a better chance of saving a good portion of it. Of course, it's always a better idea to avoid rock fall.

Spot On. thumbs_up.gif

• 2 weeks later...