Free: old school Vapor Barrier sleeping bag system

Terminal_Gravity

Made by the North Face in around 1982. The two shells are in excellent condition (except for a bit of that old nylon stink thang). I only used them on one trip to the Karakorum.

For those of you that don't know... You wear long underwear, get in the inner bag, get in your sleeping bag and put the outer shell over the entire mess. It adds 10-20 degrees of value to the bag and keeps your down absolutely dry for multi day fun. They weigh maybe a little less than a pound. The trick is to not get to warm or you will be swimming in your own sweat but I had good luck once I accepted being just a little cool. They could also double as a minimalist bivy, two emergency tobagons, or a couple of body bags.

If you PM me, include you phone number. I don't have time to answer a shit load of ?'s. I would like 5 bucks for the mailing. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a shame to throw these in the dump. confused.gif Even if you just want the set for a bivy sack. It would out perform any light weight gore sack for keeping you dry. I'm sure the set would cost well over a hundred semolians today. Made by TFN, good quality shit. But, I'm sure I will never use them again.

If the shipping is an issue, let me know. it's not that big of a thing. - steve