How fast have you all climbed Mt. Stuart?

Kit

I'm thinking there are some absurdly swift ascents. How long has it taken you? I'm assuming Ulrich's is the fastest route (when in condition)?

I did the southeast route a few years ago and, being a mere mortal, it was a very long day and I remember being pretty worked afterward... I'm thinking about trudging up there again with some friends and I'm curious to see how much better (or worse!) I'll feel this time around. By the way, should I bother to bring the crampons this time?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there last weekend and agree with the previous post that crampons aren't necessary there yet. The snow is only up high and what's there is pretty soft. At least on the South side. The North side routes are probably different. It took me 4 hours up the Cascadian from the base to the east summit. I consider myself a fit, 47 year old once a month climber. I'd add another half hour for the traverse to the true summit depending on the number of climbers and their skills. Descent was half the time. Ulrich's Couloir is more direct, but more scrambling's involved, so it just depends on what kind of experience you want to have.

W. ridge sucks as much donkey balls.

spoken like someone who'd know?

WEST RIDGE ROCKS DONKEY BALLS! boxing_smiley.gif

Didn't miles smart climb the Full North ridge w/ gendarme a little faster or slower than Guy? Something like 6:30 car to car. Search the site, there is info on here somewhere about it..

• 2 weeks later...

Upper North Ridge with Gendarme, car to car, about 19 hours I think...certainly not the fastest time....we were doing well until the Gendarme, but really slowed down there . . . . the slog down the Cascadian just about sucks, too . . . . it was October a few yrs ago, no snow . . . .