Political Thread

olyclimber

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets pump this thread up today. I want to see lots of debating and argueing about politics. Lots of condecending remarks, and witty retorts. Skeptical dismissals and incredulous sighs. Walk your parties line...no free thinking allowed.

Is that the best you can do? My god your a vapid whiny little liberal. I won't even dignify it with a the thought it takes to respond. moon.gif

Sorry to interrupt this hilarity but here's a fun politics link:

0lberman

The Olberman article would have had much greater impact with graphics. You could plot a timeline with the date of political embarrassments denoted by a blue bar. The corresponding terror alert would be denoted by an orange bar. To be fair, you'd have to plot ALL the political embarrassments and All the terror alerts. The problem would be defining the threshold for political embarassment.

It's an interesting graph showing approval ratings versus time in relation to terror alert events. Similar to what I was postulating but not exactly what the Olberman article was referring to.

You have first the news story such as on Karl Rove, then you have the dip in approval rating, then you have the terror alert, then finally the corresponding rise in approval rating. Reminds me of the boy who cried wolf.

Edited by catbirdseat