[TR] Goat Creek Wall- Prime Rib 10/9/2005

crazyjizzy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that such climbs exist as a stepping stone for aspiring leaders. I clued my friend in about this climb. He loves the Methow and he is very excited to get up there next year.

He is learning gear placements in several venues, including following me, but is taking it slowly, dialing in related skills such as escape the belay and stuff. So right now he is enjoying leading bolted climbs - including in the gym - as part of his progression.

Top roping > leading on bolts > leading on gear. It ain't the old school hardman path, granted, but it was the path I chose also. We are the masses. Nice to meetcha. bigdrink.gif

I celebrate my buddy's progression. He was just so stoked a couple weeks ago when he led Vantage Point and Chossmaster, and it was a pleasure to be a part of it. The people that put in those climbs weren't there that day and didn't get to experience his enthusiasm and love of the sport. It was a fine day out.

Moderate multi-pitch bolted routes are much appreciated. Thanks for your effort Bryan! bigdrink.gif

Doxey