The Hermit in me

ry_guy

Every so often, who knows why, I wake up and feel no reason to get out of bed. I am the hermit, a recluse, and all I want to do is eat, drink wine and play muusic and it is anything but a happy time. Other then to walk my dog I would be perfectly happy sleeping the day away. It isn't always, it's just every so often I get hit with this, where I would rather live in my dreams then I would in reality. And like every other time when I am out of the "funk" I am more motivated then ever to start my next trip. It's almost like I need that "funk" to get me to my next big endevour. These past two weeks have been the "funk" and now I don't have the green or the time for my much needed revamp to normalcy. It sucks. Just wondering if anyone else out there goes through the same.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT GOD DAMNIT

It goes with getting older. when younger friends were everywhere. the we get into our so's, people drift away we get cynical or burned . I see it happen in me and others. Relationships are work . and Seattle is a fairly cold place socially Learn from the funk .fight the funk

Yeah, it's definately the change in the weather...all of a sudden hiking in the rain, or climbing in the slush just doesn't seem like fun anymore....I just want to crawl up in a blankie with my pup on my couch and drink hot tea and watch movies. ohh..and eat. I always seem to eat more when the weather goes south.

LET IT SNOW!! Once the snow starts..then we can PLAY AGAIN!!! It's this crappy in between weather that pisses me off!!

Contemplate living on the East Coast, the Midwest, or the South - then reflect upon your present situation. Should have you doing cartwheels of joy in the streets...

Of course it's 75 and sunny here (like it's been since may), the Santa Ana's give you perfect afternoon waves, and it's perfect for biking or bouldering down in Socal.....

Relationships are work . and Seattle is a fairly cold place socially

That is the truth. Northwesterners are very polite on the surface, but not likely to invite you into their private and secluded existences. It takes real effort to make connections here. Ironically, the above description also applies to me, who chose to come to this corner of the continent to live: much of the social milieu of the Northwest seems to suit me, so I can't really blame anyone else. Instead I make what effort I can to meet new people (for instance, by climbing with strangers from this board once in a while).