Liberty Ridge

eric_murphy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hiked up to the Moraine Park area from Ipsut Creek on Sunday. I could tell that the "access ramp" that leads through the Carbon icefalls to the base of the ridge wasn't nearly as smooth as mid-June of last year (when we climbed Lib Ridge). It appeared to have several cracks going all the way across it.

i thought scooby snacks made one want dinner, more?! then agian dog is pretty good, real lean, i recommend a nice orange glaze, with some frsh mtn huckleberries to garnish. also rice pilaif goes good with dog as well.

quote:

Originally posted by Backcountry:

What was the hike like up to Moraine...are the av chutes "fun" around Dick Cr.???

um, it was pretty snow free until around Dick Cr. Don't recall any avie chutes. At least, none that had snow in them. Things are looking bare up there.

I thing Manastash ridge will be a better option. Ill start fixing lines next week and establish basecamp- then hopefully we can send it in one push. Im feeling strong so Im gonna opt for no suplimentary oxygen. Please inform mountainzone. com of our intentions.

quote:

Originally posted by philfort:

um, it was pretty snow free until around Dick Cr. Don't recall any avie chutes. At least, none that had snow in them. Things are looking bare up there.

Had been up there early in years past and had hit some snow right almost at the camp, looking to take the wiff up there and she DOES NOT like even the smallest exposure, wuss. Just looking to maybe get to Mystic/Curtis ridge and camp low on Curtis above the glacier and maybe watch the Ridge for any climbers before the bugs can pack us off.

The scariest part is the suspension bridge across the Carbon. However, there were still a few talus fields that the trail crossed that still had snow (but not much) on them, so if the snow is hard, it could be exposed, and your wiff might be scared.

I did not go past where the Carbon "bends" (~5600ft).