Bush major policy address

Jim

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peter, You've made three or four posts claiming I haven't answered your challenge - whatever it was - and saying I am full of B.S. or maybe lying where I state "something approaching half" after you Googled an article that said 25% got no benefit (and by the way I would guess this implied that more got less than the full benefit of the tax credit). Meanwhile you take another line of argument how I couldn't possibly have intended to show I didn't know the actual number when I wrote "something approaching," and that one goes on for a couple of posts, too. Then you still say I haven't answered you correction even though I actually acknowledged it in my first following post and there is nothing more to say about that. In about a half dozen posts, you have not directly answered or tried to refute ANY of the examples of how I suggested Bush had lied. Instead, you come back and say I am behaving as I accuse Bush of doing -- in other words are you calling me a liar once again?

--

Lets try and get the thread back on track:

Is Bush's proclamation that "democracy is on the march" an accurate one? Are things in fact going as well in Iraq as he and his spokesmen keep telling us? They will greet us with flowers, I mean, there is no insurgency, I mean the insurgency is on its last legs, I mean more Iraqi units are able to fight without our troops...

Are any of those examples I cited about how he has deliberately misled us fundamentally incorrect? I'm sure you can find holes in at least one of them if you try.

Ummmmm.....

Iraq had to prove they did not have WMD. They had to prove they destroyed those weapons. It was part of the UN negotiation at the end of the first Iraq war.

Why they made it difficult for the inspectors over so many years????? I have no idea.

Fact is: Iraq had to prove they had not WMD. The UN did not have to prove they had WMD. There is a subtle difference but important one between the two.

Peter, You've made three or four posts claiming I haven't answered your challenge - whatever it was - and saying I am full of B.S. or maybe lying where I state "something approaching half" after you Googled an article that said 25% got no benefit (and by the way I would guess this implied that more got less than the full benefit of the tax credit). Meanwhile you take another line of argument how I couldn't possibly have intended to show I didn't know the actual number when I wrote "something approaching," and that one goes on for a couple of posts, too. Then you still say I haven't answered you correction even though I actually acknowledged it in my first following post and there is nothing more to say about that. In about a half dozen posts, you have not directly answered or tried to refute ANY of the examples of how I suggested Bush had lied. Instead, you come back and say I am behaving as I accuse Bush of doing -- in other words are you calling me a liar once again?

--

Egads! I would ask the interested to go back and review my posts count how many instances that support this claim:

Peter, You've made three or four posts claiming I haven't answered your challenge...

rolleyes.gif

Where did I say that you havent answered my correction?

Then you still say I haven't answered you correction even though I actually acknowledged it in my first following post and there is nothing more to say about that.
Edited by Peter_Puget

"Is Bush's proclamation that "democracy is on the march" an accurate one? Are things in fact going as well in Iraq as he and his spokesmen keep telling us? They will greet us with flowers, I mean, there is no insurgency, I mean the insurgency is on its last legs, I mean more Iraqi units are able to fight without our troops..."

Constitutional referendum on the 15th. To me - this is an encouraging development, but I am admittedly quite biased...

Are things in fact going as bad in Iraq as the press keeps telling us?

truth is somewhere in between wave.gif

Right in actual fact the people are lining the streets in jubilation, the women are tearing off their clothes and offering themselves to the liberators just like Holland in WW2 the big one. The GI's are driving along in convoys tossing chocolate to the little kids.

No one gets out alive.

That's a fair point, Stefan. Iraq was supposed to show it. My guess is that Saddam thought there was power in maintaining some uncertainty there -- and the experience of the Koreans certainly shows that one may be in a better barganing position with the U.S. if there is at least some uncertainty or, better yet, if you can prove you actually have the weapons.

But it has been quite clear that starting on september 12, 2001, GWB was resolved to use that event as an excuse to invade Iraq and I don't know about you, but I think the burden was on HIM to justify invasion. He did so by "fixing the intelligence around the policy."

bull·shit ( bʊl ' shit ' ) Vulgar Slang. n. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.

Something worthless, deceptive, or insincere.

you wrote...

Meanwhile you take another line of argument how I couldn't possibly have intended to show I didn't know the actual number when I wrote "something approaching," and that one goes on for a couple of posts, too.

in reference to this....

By the way since you never mentioned a specific value but did suggest a range of values that the true % would fall in, your claim that you "clearly stated that you didn't know the number" is patent BS. Tighten up!

Again you miss my point. Since you never mentioned a number in your original post I considered your whole reply concerning a specific number to be worthless and insincere (ie BS see definition above). Why bring up a number when you stated a range. It looks to be simply an after the fact rationalization attempting to make it appear as if you were giving the reader a warning that your range was clearly a wild guess. This response is "Bush like" to me. It does not equate with a lie.

The problem isn't with lies but rather well crafted responses that stop just short of a lie.

Edited by Peter_Puget

Peter Puget said:

Blah blah blah blah blog ABC says blah blah blah blog XYZ said blah blah blah matt p you are wrong cause blog 123 says blah blah blah blah i'm lonely blah blah blah i'm gonna go jerk off to picture of condi rice blah blah blah blah

JoshK said:

Blah blah blah blah blog ABC says blah blah blah blog XYZ said blah blah blah matt p you are wrong cause blog 123 says blah blah blah blah i'm lonely blah blah blah i'm gonna go jerk off to picture of condi rice blah blah blah blah

Josh, thanks for reminding me - once again - why I didn't send my daughter to the University of Colorado. I'll admit, however, it appears the Human Moron Systems program there is preparing you, and the next generation for the challenges of tomorrow. You go, Josh!

I guess I just never understood geek humor. hellno3d.gif

One of the many things you'll never understand, eh? Heaven forbid you send your daughter to one of the better universities. Of course given the intellectual fragility of conservatism, I can understand why.

Do you really think UC Boulder is one of the better universities? Always seemed like an okay university with a kick-ass location to me but I haven't really been following the rankings for a while either.

FWIW I thought that having opinions which were generally at odds with the prevailing sentiments of those around me was actually a huge advantage - as you actually go through the experience of having your beliefs challenged, having to defend the said beliefs with the best arguments you can muster amidst a hostile audience, etc. By the end of my time there I actually was actually sad that I didn't have time to enroll in more of them.

I would say the main changes that exposure to this environment brought about was a shift to a more libertarian stance on social issues, and a strengthening of existing convictions on scientific and economic issues.

It would be interesting to see what people got their degrees in and how those correlate to what they espouse here on the board.

BS Biochem, BA History of Science, Minor in Chemistry.

I guess I just never understood geek humor. hellno3d.gif

One of the many things you'll never understand, eh? Heaven forbid you send your daughter to one of the better universities. Of course given the intellectual fragility of conservatism, I can understand why.

madgo_ron.gifI hope you're not referring to my daughter, beyotch. I'll make a necklace outta your teeth. Reword your slander such that it clearly attacks only me. cool.gifthe_finger.gif