[TR]: Drunkup 2005 and Cashmere Dream Climbing

olyclimber

Climb: Chatter Creek and Cashmere Dream Destination

Date of Climb: 10/1-2

Trip Report:

Lets see here. Ropeup at Bridge Creek...no... I mean Chatter Creek. Whatever. Its all there.....

43422005ropeup_sized.jpg

We climbed up in the Sam Hill area after getting rained off Careno Crags on Saturday, as I recall....and yes....it was Ropeup. I'm pretty sure. Some slideshows or something.....

4342RopeUp10_2005_021.jpg

And beer...lots of beer. And scotch. And moonshine. And Canadian Club. And...

4342RopeUp10_2005_022_sized.jpg

Sunday it was raining up in Leavenworth, so we drove up to a secret destination climbing area that AlpineDave knew about. It was everything he promised and more.

I shot the gun while AlpineDave warmed up for the big send out at this hot new mecca near Cashmere. Ya, thats what happened.....

4342RopeUp10_2005_034_sized.jpg

There were some tense moments, so I kept a tight belay.

4342RopeUp10_2005_042_sized.jpg

Climbing was amazing. The shooting pretty good too.

4342RopeUp10_2005_046_sized.jpg

....then we started drinking....

4342RopeUp10_2005_053_sized.jpg

....the team...

4342RopeUp10_2005_057_sized.jpg

....pimp....

4342RopeUp10_2005_061_sized.jpg

Gear Notes: Satellite radio tuned to hard core gangsta beats (damn it feels good!), gun, camping chairs, quick draws, beer, tirlit paper,2 day old burritos

Approach Notes:

Beware of a pack of dogs of all shapes and sizes, many with dreadlocks. They have no fear of cars, and will lay down under your wheel. Whatever happens, just don't get out of your car! You're out of the danger area right after you can't see any more of the 200+ junk cars laying about. Then just keep your eye out for some really good climbing. Just keep driving till you get there.

Notice how AlpineDave managed to work his way into every one of these pictures. What a glory hound! rolleyes.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I pulled my gear together from various corners of the group site I couldn't help but notice all the wild animal scatt. There were piles of all colors and consistencies but every one of them had one thing in common- they seemed to have been thrust upon the ground at great speed. It was as though a very tall creature were scatting from on high. Or perhaps there were a few of them since there did seem to be many different colors. Some had chunks of burrito. Others were more like hot dog chunks. Still others were unidentifiable having the (apparent) consistency of applesauce and gravy.

Did any of you notice any wild animals that night. They may have been climbing trees.

pitty.gif