Moolack Columns

KingsMM

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have put up a handful of routes here. This place has a very wild feel and we would like to keep it that way. There is a rabid no bolt ethic (not even for anchors). If you bolt here IT WILL BE CHOPPED! As Jim said Bill Soule found this place and enjoys showing visitors the place as long as they respect it. Mike South, at backcountry gear in Eugene, has also put up routes there and will probably know as much as anyone about the place too. If you like adventure it is a great place with some serious climbs.

Bill would rather the info for this place not be sprayed over the internet so if you go there or are given info please respect this and keep it discreet.

• 2 weeks later...

i have climbed there a couple times and put up a few thin aid climbs. my thought is find out how to get there on your own, thats what i did. Look on a map, and whatever you do please dont thrash the place and definetely dont chip or bolt anything!!! Also try to use pre existing trees with slings already on them for rapping. And for how ever said the rock is crap, you must have been climbing in the wrong place. that crappy rock just needs a lil cleaning and its good to go.

I frequent the place and support texplorer's assertion that Bill does not want to see the place on the web due to the access repurcussions. Is there anyway this thread can be removed and/or edited for the sake of future access issues. It was ommitted from the new guides for a reason, if the moderator of this website stepped in they would be doing a lot of goodddd......

I enjoy adventure climbing and was told of this place by Erica and Mike South. they spoke highly of the adventurous atmosphere with no crowds. They said the rock was really good, but did need a bit of cleaning especially if you were looking to do a new line.