So is the rope-up

Peter_Puget

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A coupla comments (I'm at work, so I get to use numbered bullet points, like in a presentation):

1. It was good to meet some people--Doxey, Sobo, AlpineK, Alpinfox, Blake, Lunger (?), Olyclimber, MisterE, Suzi and Wrecks.

2. Would have been more fun if MORE PEOPLE who SAID they would come would have come. (My dog Chase really wanted to meet Scooter Bug! He was so bummed.)

3. Seemed like there were quite a few people who were not on cc.com?? Not a bad thing, they were cool peeps, but I was looking forward to meeting people I'd been bs'ing with online, ya know? Putting faces to names, and shit.

4. The beer was plentiful and tasty. thumbs_up.gif Thanks!!

5. Except for the fact that the weather might be poorer up there, Chatter Creek is a way cool campground. Nice to have the covered kitchen with the rain and all.

6. Next time, get verification that the group camp site reservation went through--although the reservation system should handle this electronically. (Bit of a mix-up on that, hence, we/I missed out on socializing Friday night, which was why I went over early. Not to rub anyone's noses in it, but it was a bummer to arrive, in the rain and the dark, at 9:00 on a Friday evening, and not find anyone to drink with.)

I climbed R&D with Blake on Saturday - hey Blake, its great to meet you and get out! Sobo and I climbed Ground Hog Day on Sunday - Arrr, trad climbin' in the rain, arrr!

Knotzen, I like that Chase dog, watch out or someday he'll be mine!

Great beer, great slideshow - and I met lots of people. Mission accomplished. thumbs_up.gif

How bad did it rain?

I had to get back to town early Sunday, but Saturday it was mostly sunnyish and dry, with a few hours of downpour in the afternoon (snow up high, even in the Icicle). No rain all evening, and a brilliant blanket of stars in the middle of the night.