That's rich

archenemy

Reading comprehension is a good thing. Didn't mention Europe.

It's absence is very illustrative of your point however!

Are you guys have qualudes for lunch or something? WORLD includes Europe but doesn't limit the discussion to it. Google Ven Diagram.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you guys have qualudes for lunch or something?

Your earlier question was about "feelings" and higher taxes. My comment was directed at KK's kneejerk "taxes are too high, Europe, blah blah" which is very illustrative of contemporary conservative groupthink.

If you have some ludes, I'd love to take them off your hands. Make work much more pleasant cantfocus.gif

Are you guys have qualudes for lunch or something?

Your earlier question was about "feelings" and higher taxes. My comment was directed at KK's kneejerk "taxes are too high, Europe, blah blah" which is very illustrative of contemporary conservative groupthink.

If you have some ludes, I'd love to take them off your hands. Make work much more pleasant cantfocus.gif

Best chance of scoring would likely be Ropeup this weekend while looking for alternatives to climbing wet rock.

"...smokescreen for the rightwing agenda of cutting social spending while significantly rewarding corporations and those of the upper income brackets. "

Actually, other than Japan (42%), the US has the highest corporate tax rate of any country in the OECD at 40%. Germany is at 38.29, France is at 34.33, etc, etc, etc and the trend rate in Europe has decreased from 38% in 1997 to 31% in '04.

http://www.us.kpmg.com/microsite/global_tax/ctr_survey/

But they would never presume to be know-it-alls and to tell people "what they need to be told"

Please. As if liberals don't presume to be "know-it-alls" and tell people "what they need to be told". Liberals always talk about "educating" people to be "tolerant", "informed", etc. So this should be right up your alley. moon.gif

Excuse me?

What the FUCK makes you think my parents are liberals?

You get *dummer* with each post.

And can you please use a different graemlin-you are wearing that one out.

the_finger.gif

"...smokescreen for the rightwing agenda of cutting social spending while significantly rewarding corporations and those of the upper income brackets. "

Actually, other than Japan (42%), the US has the highest corporate tax rate of any country in the OECD at 40%. Germany is at 38.29, France is at 34.33, etc, etc, etc and the trend rate in Europe has decreased from 38% in 1997 to 31% in '04.

http://www.us.kpmg.com/microsite/global_tax/ctr_survey/

Of course that ignores the fact that most EEC countries have a Value Added Tax VAT on most transactions and that in the US practially no corporations pay signifigant corporate income tax at anything like the rates stated.

Excuse me?

the_finger.gif

You are making the mistake of personalizing the discussion. I wasn't talking about your parents, but about a policy. Liberals advocate policies and social agendas while moralizing. Yet, they attack any suggestion from their oppostion (e.g. "tell people what needs to be said") as presumptiveness, "moralizing", "getting on a high horse", and so on. What constitutes "moralizing" and what constitutes good policy is in the eye of the beholder.

Now go bigdrink.gif - happy now? fruit.gif

Listen KKK you get what you pay for. You system is falling to fucking pieces round your ears whether or not you want to believe it. Big business runs your life makes all the big decisions for you and you have no fucking say at all. No matter how you vote down there you are always voting for someone who is looking out for the rich. It is no wonder that the ever growing mass of poor and desperate are looting every chance they get. Pull your head out of your ass and admit that you are drowning in a sea of corruption no less than the worst banana republic you care to name. You sound like a bright guy but to me it seems you must have been toilet trained at gun point Muster up a little compassion and take a big deep breath and go meet a few of homeless people in your area listen to their stories and then formulate some new ideas. Jesus!! With your kind of thinking you guys haven't got a chance.

Listen KKK you get what you pay for. You system is falling to fucking pieces round your ears whether or not you want to believe it. Big business runs your life makes all the big decisions for you and you have no fucking say at all. No matter how you vote down there you are always voting for someone who is looking out for the rich. It is no wonder that the ever growing mass of poor and desperate are looting every chance they get. Pull your head out of your ass and admit that you are drowning in a sea of corruption no less than the worst banana republic you care to name. You sound like a bright guy but to me it seems you must have been toilet trained at gun point Muster up a little compassion and take a big deep breath and go meet a few of homeless people in your area listen to their stories and then formulate some new ideas. Jesus!! With your kind of thinking you guys haven't got a chance.

*yawn* get a new line Chicken Little.

Excuse me?

the_finger.gif

You are making the mistake of personalizing the discussion. I wasn't talking about your parents, but about a policy. Liberals advocate policies and social agendas while moralizing. Yet, they attack any suggestion from their oppostion (e.g. "tell people what needs to be said") as presumptiveness, "moralizing", "getting on a high horse", and so on. What constitutes "moralizing" and what constitutes good policy is in the eye of the beholder.

Now go bigdrink.gif - happy now? fruit.gif

First of all, a "policy" doesn't moralize and talk to people about being tolerant, etc etc; so don't try to back up and pretend like you were refering to an inanimate thing in your post.

And second of all,*you* are telling me that I am personalizing the argument?

Now THAT'S rich!!!!

But they would never presume to be know-it-alls and to tell people "what they need to be told"

Please. As if liberals don't presume to be "know-it-alls" and tell people "what they need to be told". Liberals always talk about "educating" people to be "tolerant", "informed", etc. So this should be right up your alley. moon.gif

Just in case you needed a reminder about what you actually posted...

First of all, a "policy" doesn't moralize and talk to people about being tolerant, etc etc;

Don't be obtuse.

And second of all,*you* are telling me that I am personalizing the argument?

YOU brought up your parents, not me. My response was not directed at THEM but at the principle we were discussing. Various POLICIES of dealing with "social inequity" in America.

Just in case you needed a reminder about what you actually posted...

Interpretation of your response: my suggestion to look at how immigrants succeed and leverage that in a policy to address poverty is "presuming to be a know-it-all".

Since, as usual, this discussion, like all the rest here represents the same old liberal / anti-liberal conflict, I responded that the liberals are just as fond of moralizing as self-appointed "know-it-alls" telling people what "the need to be told" (in the liberal world-view/dogma).

*yawn* get a new line Chicken Little.

Brainwashed

In dealing with folks of KK's ilk, I have found the preferred strategy is not to engage. Repeat, do NOT engage.

"Select Zone 5, and extend an escape. Better to retire your aircraft, then to push a bad situation."

with apologies to Cmdr. Mike "Viper" Metcalf, Top Gun

In dealing with folks of KK's ilk, I have found the preferred strategy is not to engage. Repeat, do NOT engage.

"Select Zone 5, and extend an escape. Better to retire your aircraft, then to push a bad situation."

yeah, it's too scary when you're confronted with arguments that counter your orthodoxy, and for which you have no compelling response. hahaha.gif

yeah, it's too scary when you're confronted with arguments that counter your orthodoxy, and for which you have no compelling response. hahaha.gif

ya...like you when you forget to go download the conservative talking points from Rove. the_finger.gif

I think what we need here is an unicorn picture:

504316-unicorn23.jpg

I have always believed that unicorns existed, and that they are out there watching us, waiting for the day when we will be ready for them. Maybe when we stop hurting each other, when we start treating each other with kindness. That's what the unicorn is all about, love, kindness, and peace. Maybe, just maybe someday, they will return to us, and bestow their gift of beauty upon us.

504316-unicorn23.jpg.6f7ed20d2e17253994a278aed5c674ab.jpg