That's rich

archenemy

"For the third consecutive year, the rich got richer. In this, the 24th annual edition of The Forbes 400, the collective net worth of the nation's wealthiest climbed $125 billion, to $1.13 trillion. All but 26 people on our roster are billionaires."

Forbes

The division between rich and poor continues to widen.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"For the third consecutive year, the rich got richer. In this, the 24th annual edition of The Forbes 400, the collective net worth of the nation's wealthiest climbed $125 billion, to $1.13 trillion. All but 26 people on our roster are billionaires."

Forbes

Are you in the top 50%? If so, and you feel so bad about the "widening gap between rich and poor", nothing is stopping YOU from donating a portion of YOUR salary to someone in the bottom 10% thereby equalizing your income with theirs. Go for it.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, the definition of rich for a liberal is:

"someone who makes more than me"

or better yet

"a conservative who makes more than me and doesn't work in arts or entertainment, or head a left-wing interest group"

moon.gif

Are you in the top 50%? If so, and you feel so bad about the "widening gap between rich and poor", nothing is stopping YOU from donating a portion of YOUR salary to someone in the bottom 10% thereby equalizing your income with theirs. Go for it.

Please KK, explain why social stagnation is a good thing.

Always has, always will.

In relative terms thats not true.

Rising_Together.gif

vs.

Family_Income_1979-2001.gif

Interesting graph.

I'd be curious to know what their definition of "Family Income" is, and if it's the same between the two graphs. Looking at the website those came from, I see their data source is different for each graph. Bells and whistles should be going off in the head when this happens to be watching for some funny business with the statistics.

But even if it is true, my point is simple...

Those with more disposable income have more to invest thus generating more disposable income, thus having more to invest... It's hard to make something out of nothing. The gap just keeps getting bigger.

I'm not sayin' that's a good thing...

Forbes

This is my favorite response to this issue. There is always one idiot who makes it.

Yeah, a donation will certainly fix the systemic problem. rolleyes.gif

Forbes

This is my favorite response to this issue. There is always one idiot who makes it.

Yeah, a donation will certainly fix the systemic problem. rolleyes.gif

Donate every dollar you make over the median income to people who make less than that amount every year of your life. Facta non verba, archenemy.

You dislike my response because you're full of crap - like all liberals charity begins with someone else's bank account (the so-called "rich").

Looking at the website those came from, I see their data source is different for each graph. Bells and whistles should be going off in the head when this happens to be watching for some funny business with the statistics.

Umm "Source: Analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data in Economic Policy Institute, The State of Working America 1994-95 (M.E. Sharpe: 1994) p. 37, and U.S. Census Bureau, Historical Income Tables, Table F-3." those are the same sources. Historically part of the reason behind seamingly punitive tax policies was income redistribution, to combat the capital gap.